Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Oakland senior has a 5.0 GPA; scored 2100 on SAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Oakland senior has a 5.0 GPA; scored 2100 on SAT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 11:45am
hoodlums/rats flock to some 'unquestionables'

Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

hoodlums/rats flock to some 'unquestionables'

hmmmm.... i think the "some" you may be referring to are those on the fence (read...weak mindedOuch) or what i typically see as "sheltered" unquestionables.  meaning THEY themselves aren't really unquestionable by nature...

it's complex i admit...but i guess since i lived it and experienced it first hand...it seems natural to me... 

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

it wasn't till I started posting on this board that I realized a black win isn't really seen as an overall black win

we first have to see what type of black they are and then make more comments lol

Pretty much

Ridiculous

Black American. African. African American. 1st generation African American. Does it really matter?

Labels aside, can we just take a min to appreciate another positive representation and achievement of a minority. 

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 12:11pm
And great thread.

I'm not surprised when I read stories like this - we have many talented and educated individuals in our community; they just don't get fair representation in the media. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

it wasn't till I started posting on this board that I realized a black win isn't really seen as an overall black win

we first have to see what type of black they are and then make more comments lol

Rep your set!LOL
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 12:33pm
Congrats to him! 

If you are referring to the poster asking where he is from, I think it is because of his name that she asked. If you have a non American sounding name people are quick to ask/guess where you are from. If not then carry on.

Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 12:57pm
I saw him on the news a few weeks ago. That is awesome- its been great to hear/see multiple stories of young black men excelling to the existent that " the others" can't deem their success as an exception.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:00pm
There are a lot of gems in Oakland. I am proud to see a local black young man excel. Clap
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:40pm
They stated fifty times he is African American and his name is 'Tunde. It is a documented fact other ethnicities besides African Americans excel higher. It is what it is. Y'all be tryna censor people. Get a life.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:41pm

why so mad?

like I said I never cared about what type of black a black person is when I read something positive

you do

you get a life
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style