Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

NY Woman Fired For Not "Taming" Her Afro...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>

Author
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:17pm
lol Sandra Poor bluLOLCry

Classmate wasn't quite right and 'learnt' why in class. In an educated way of course. It's all good now though.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:18pm
Her hair is pretty. I don't see what the problem is. Yeah I hope she wins her suit. YT people are uncomfortable with everything!!!
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:22pm

I wonder if she would have been fired for her hair...
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:23pm
I honestly have a natural aversion to black women who really think natural hair isn't for them. They're part of the problem. It's one thing to simply like having relaxed hair because it's "easier", or to wear weaves/braids for growth, but to outright deny your own hair because it's not "for you?"

The disrespect. The absolute disrespect for your black features. But you want the rest of the world to embrace you? Bye, Felicia. And take your box perm with you.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:25pm
Lmao HOLLUP HOLLUP

The plaintiff in the case is named "Tiffany Bryan" but the name on the woman's shirt in the OP is Lauren. Stern Smile

eta: lol. Never mind. I think it's a Ralph Lauren logo. Continue...

Edited by femmemichelle - Jun 19 2014 at 1:27pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:27pm
But natural hair is not easy.....its all about what a person can maintain......its similar to people that rather have short because its easy......
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:31pm
Natural hair is a different kind of maintenance. Both relaxed and natural have to be kept up. When I look back at it, relaxed hair was more of a hassle for me. Couldn't wet it when I wanted to, hours wasted at the salon, etc..
But you have to know what you're doing with natural hair. I couldn't have made it without Bhm.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 19 2014 at 1:32pm
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I honestly have a natural aversion to black women who really think natural hair isn't for them. They're part of the problem. It's one thing to simply like having relaxed hair because it's "easier", or to wear weaves/braids for growth, but to outright deny your own hair because it's not "for you?"

The disrespect. The absolute disrespect for your black features. But you want the rest of the world to embrace you? Bye, Felicia. And take your box perm with you.

Originally posted by copy and paste copy and paste wrote:

Weave should be classified as a drug

- Heightened mood
- Euphoria
- Addiction
- Permanent damage to the scalp
- Causes illusions
- Destroys families
- Promotes weight gain
- Funds torture of children
- Delusions

The physical, mental, behavioral and social health....  I'm very concerned.. i know some women that won't leave the crib without someone else hair on.  I know this chick built like the Last King of Scotland and she won't date a man with hair longer than hers.   She on that stuff breh.

I now don't see a c00n

I see a victim in need, an addict that needs help.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:32pm
I said I can understand people who won't do it because they have an easier time maintaining straight hair.

Of course that's the go-to excuse, but I'll take it over a woman saying her natural hair isn't for her. 
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yep and my mine are tight, they are not loose....only in the very back and it's not the much hair that is like that back there
ditto. it's like a head full of pen springs... 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic