FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Nurse Taped Baby's Mouth Shut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nurse Taped Baby's Mouth Shut
    Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:10am
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/13/nurse-taped-baby-yohannes-noval-mouth-shut-crying-pictures_n_5315047.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Nurse Taped Baby Yohannes Noval's Mouth Shut 'Because He Was Crying Too Much' (PICTURES)

Huffington Post UK  |  By Sara C Nelson Posted:   |  Updated: 13/05/2014 12:59 BST

An investigation is underway after a couple visiting their newborn son found his mouth had been taped shut.

Rye Kido, whose five-day-old baby boy Yohannes Noval was in a nursery in a private maternity hospital in Cebu, the Philippines, posted images of his son on Facebook.

The pictures – showing the tiny baby with what looks like clear sellotape or medical tape over his mouth – have gone viral, as has Kido’s account of what happened to his son.

baby with mouth taped shut

Baby Yohannes Noval was just five-days-old when he was found with his mouth taped up in a nursery at a private maternity hospital

He writes: “Meet my son… he cannot speak about his horrific experience… so we have to speak out for him.

“If you think your new born babies are safe, think again. Your babies could be silent victims and you will never really know about it!”

In a longer post he asks: “Would you tolerate this? I’m the father of this baby and I CANNOT and WILL NOT tolerate this bullsh*t.”

baby with mouth taped shut

The baby's parents say they were informed he had been gagged because he was 'too noisy'

The baby was discovered “gagged” by his mother Jasmine Janice – who, upon asking the nurse why her son had tape over his mouth – says she was informed: “Your baby was too noisy (crying) so I put that over his mouth…”

On further examination, it was found the baby had a wet nappy – possibly a factor as to why he as crying.

SEE ALSO:

When she asked for the tape to be removed, the baby’s mother says she was told: “You can go ahead and take it off yourself, ma’am.”

Kido adds: “After Jasmine tried to take the plaster tape off his mouth without success, the attending nurse had to eventually take it off herself and eventually do it and in the process a piece of his upper lip's skin ripped off with the tape as the nurse removed the tape.”

baby with taped up mouth

The baby's lip was reportedly grazed when the tape was eventually removed from his face

The couple reported the incident and according to ABS-CBN News they are still waiting for the outcome of an investigation.

Kido added: “This probably not an isolated incident so we cannot really say your babies are safe at this establishment. What most people don't see in the nursery room is very different from what's actually happening behind closed doors.

“They handle your children there like puppies out of a dog pound. I personally have seen this with my own eyes and I am very surprised this is what people call ‘a respectable establishment’.”

baby with taped up mouth

The couple have complained about their son's treatment

Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:11am
lol
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:14am
Shocked
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:18am
Damn..she was shameless.  I'd probably sue.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Damn..she was shameless.  I'd probably sue.
You thinking rationally.Clap

I'd just want someone on the staff to point the bish out. I'll handle it from there.Big smile
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:38am
This isn't uncommon. 

My brother was born with complications and cried a lot. They taped his mouth closed with a pacifier in it. 

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:38am
I wish somebody would have the balls to do this and tell me what they did to my face. She'd be lucky she's in the hospital already because I'm attempting murder on the spot.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

This isn't uncommon. 

My brother was born with complications and cried a lot. They taped his mouth closed with a pacifier in it. 

The isolette they use in the nicu is soundproof so again, completely Unnecessary
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:44am
I'd lose it completely...they'd have to drag me off the bitch or whatevers left of herStern Smile
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:51am
she works with babies...but is upset that they cry too much? lolz i'd sue so fast
but no the nurse had right. smh. i'd pounce on her.

even tho as a mother ive always wanted to do that
never did but thankgoodness for ipods and coffee
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic