Perfect Hair Collection

Nurse in Kate Phone Hoax kills herself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I can see her being extremely embarrassed about her lack of judgement

when her job calls for keen judgement .... her own personality can be wrapped up in identity as a nurse

the shame from colleagues, superiors, friends and family, the public 

her perception might not have been accurate but I could see it weighing heavily .. too bad she didn't just take a vacation and let the whole thing simmer, her emotions and the situation

Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:30pm
OH MY GOD!! I just heard the prank call last night and chuckled a bit!
I knew that nurse sounded hella nervous, but you'd think it'd be over the whole Kate thing!

Poor woman.. it all got to her.. Cry She didn't have to go out like that.

I wonder how that Australian radio show feels..
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:37pm
or...the call had nothing to do with her suicide 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by bubblyboo bubblyboo wrote:

But why'd the nurse kill herself? 

she broke patient confidentiality

she was going to be struck off the nmc register and fired

plus the media were going to bury her alive, no pun

i guess this was her only way out
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

or...the call had nothing to do with her suicide 
usually im inclined to agree, but in this case i think its the results of the call and what appeared to be an insurmountable future did it
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:43pm
makes one think about the things 'we' value most in life, even higher than life itself. 
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:44pm
Wow, so sad. I'm in nursing school and I heard nurses in the UK(so my fam over there says) make good money. But I guess that's all subjective.

Still, a privacy violation can get you fired over here too, so it's not uncommon.

I wonder if the media was already terrorizing her prior to her suicide.
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:46pm
A lot of nurses are very connected to their career. It's like nursing is their life, so without it they are nothing. I understand because all of sweat and tears go into the career.

If her nursing career was going to be ruined from this, I understand why she did what she did. She probably saw her failure as a nurse as a failure of who she was as a person. Sad...
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:59pm
I was reading about this this morning and the radio presenters/prank callers were still tweeting and talking about the prank on their show. They have deleted their twitter accounts now because of the backlash.

This was posted by the owners(?) of the station 30 minutes ago:

"Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world.

Chief Executive Officer Rhys Holleran has spoken with the presenters, they are both deeply shocked and at this time we have agreed that they not comment about the circumstances. SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

A lot of nurses are very connected to their career. It's like nursing is their life, so without it they are nothing. I understand because all of sweat and tears go into the career.

If her nursing career was going to be ruined from this, I understand why she did what she did. She probably saw her failure as a nurse as a failure of who she was as a person. Sad...

ok, that i could definitely understand
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>