Perfect Hair Collection

Nurse in Kate Phone Hoax kills herself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:05pm
That call shouldnt have gotten past the receptionist. It really wasnt her fault and I hope she RIP. (Didn't listen for fear of second hand embarrassment.
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

I was reading about this this morning and the radio presenters/prank callers were still tweeting and talking about the prank on their show. They have deleted their twitter accounts now because of the backlash.

This was posted by the owners(?) of the station 30 minutes ago:

"Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world.

Chief Executive Officer Rhys Holleran has spoken with the presenters, they are both deeply shocked and at this time we have agreed that they not comment about the circumstances. SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."

This is why oftentimes I don't entertain certain topics even though they are labelled as comedy. 
I have always thought that some things should not be joked about; some topics are just not funny, and we don't have to go to that extreme to get a quick laugh. Similarly, when I studied theatre, I was taught that if you have to use profanity to get your message across to your audience then you must dig deeper to find another way to connect. 

Since these 'royals' are held in such high regard, I don't see why they even had to go to the extreme and prank a hospital of all places. We know hospital as serious business...why take comedy there? 

I don't know, perhaps I am a bit to rigid in my thinking. 
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:33pm
Those 2 DJ's should have known what they were doing was wrong. If the nurse did not give up the private info, the prank would have failed. Therefore, they were trying to capitalize on a privacy breach. They deserve to be fired. 
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

I was reading about this this morning and the radio presenters/prank callers were still tweeting and talking about the prank on their show. They have deleted their twitter accounts now because of the backlash.

This was posted by the owners(?) of the station 30 minutes ago:

"Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world.

Chief Executive Officer Rhys Holleran has spoken with the presenters, they are both deeply shocked and at this time we have agreed that they not comment about the circumstances. SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."

This is why oftentimes I don't entertain certain topics even though they are labelled as comedy. 
I have always thought that some things should not be joked about; some topics are just not funny, and we don't have to go to that extreme to get a quick laugh. Similarly, when I studied theatre, I was taught that if you have to use profanity to get your message across to your audience then you must dig deeper to find another way to connect. 

Since these 'royals' are held in such high regard, I don't see why they even had to go to the extreme and prank a hospital of all places. We know hospital as serious business...why take comedy there? 

I don't know, perhaps I am a bit to rigid in my thinking. 

Their explanation (the pranksters) was that they never expected their call to be directed to a health professional.  They thought they would have just hung up on them, so when the receptionist directed their call to the nurse, they just started uttering nonsense and making things up as the conversation went along.  They also thought the nurse would have refused to answer their questions and hang up as well.

In all fairness, between their terrible "British" accents and the nonsense they were spewing, I'm shocked they were taken seriously.  I genuinely don't think they thought anything serious would come from the call.  Its really quite unfortuneate. 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:49pm
Y'all do realize it was the nurse that transferred the call who killed herself and not the actual white lady who gave the info
The nurse who died was a Indian chick per her name and accent
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:50pm
<<< American. Can't relate
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Y'all do realize it was the nurse that transferred the call who killed herself and not the actual white lady who gave the info

so basically the receptionist?
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:55pm
I don't get it lol
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 2:13pm
I nearly cried when I read the story unfold at work. That poor woman. You guys do not understand how the media runs in this country. The story was so big (they're fookin OBSESSED with the royal family) people were demanding that the nurse be sacked/how stupid she was blah blah blah. That woman was humiliated and bullied INTERNATIONALLY. She was scared. I don't even want to think about  how how employers/colleagues may have treated her. She was probably being disciplined/near about to lose her job. She was scared. 

She must have been in a very dark place. May she RIP. Saddest story today for me. She survives a husband and 2 children. 

This story has really got to me and I don't know why.  

May she RIP. 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

so basically the receptionist?

yes but she was also a nurse...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions