FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Novex Brazilian Keratin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Novex Brazilian Keratin
    Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 4:37pm
Has anyone tried this product It's suppose to strengthen the hair which Im assuming its a protein treatment; I saw this product in Hype Hair magazine has anyone used it or knows anyone whos has used it and if so what was the results?
Sponsored Links

CaramelDelight89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelDelight89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 4:42pm
No. I want to though, in a way. I do know that it is a hard core protein treatment so if you have healthy hair already, it may cause it to be rough. I read the ingredients and its really for people with extreme damage from bleaching, heat damage, or after you get the brazilian hair straightening done.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:12pm
But if ur stretching ur relaxer wouldnt it be a good product to use???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelDelight89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:18pm
IDK. Maybe for some people. I personally can not use hard core protein after being 8+ weeks post. My hair loves moisture more because the new growth is already strong naturally. On top of that, you would be adding protein which will only make your new growth tougher while the ends are dry.

That alone will cause breakage at the line of demarcation. The concept of caring for the hair while stretching is to make the two textures blend into each other. Protein only does the opposite. Moisture smoothes the cuticle and make the hair manageable and pliable. The only protein that I use at that time is leave in conditioner (cantu shea, its light but filled with protein!) which I only put on the ends mostly. I put a seperate moisturizer on my new growth.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:22pm
You know me made me feel dumb that makes SO MUCH SENSE Im glad Im talking to you lol so when will you need a protein treatment then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelDelight89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:25pm
Im sorry. I didnt mean to make you feel dumb! Shocked.I say only if you see shedding or breakage going on that could get out of hand. Im 7 weeks post right now so I may get one myself when I wash this weekend. How about u?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:32pm
Honestly boo boo LOL my hair is breeeaking because its dry thats why and I think its because I dont have a good leave-in conditioner. I use VO5 champagne kiss shampoo and Infusium conditioner and VO5 leave-in spray but that spray acts as a mist and doesnt really do anything for my hair excepts makes it smell good and frizzy so I think my hair needs moisture. and what excatly is a mositurizing treatment is it a deep conditioner?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelDelight89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:36pm
Yea, its a deep conditioner that has little or no proteins in it. However, there are some that have silk amino acids and/or collagen in them that is very helpful. Those only give the hair elasticity (stretchable). I really think that u need to re-do ur regimen. Why do u use V05 shampoo? Their conditioners are good for co washing though.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:41pm
I got it because it said it was a moisturzing shampoo and the ingredients weren't harsh and they were cheap so I figured it was a good deal. As for the conditioner I dont use that I use to but I didnt like the way it moisturize my hair so I switched to Infusium conditioner which I heard was good and it seemed to work well with my hair after I applied my old leave-in condtioner cantu shea butter. But what do u recommend as a new reggie?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelDelight89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2011 at 5:48pm
Your regimen is fine. It's just those products that irk me! For a moisturizing poo, I use creme of nature sunflower and coconut detangling shampoo (professional), ORS replenishing conditioner (moisture and protein balance deep conditioner). For a leave in, I use extra virgin olive oil and aphogee green tea restructurizer. It really works wonders.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>