Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
UrMom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Note to self: Never trust an amateur
    Posted: May 09 2010 at 11:41pm
I havent been able to go home [from campus] to get my hair done and its been 2 months since I had a relaxer.... I tried to give myself one last semester and I was so scared I washed it out so soon, it barely took! So this time I settled on a friend [Mistake #1] who was doing it for free !

I went to a CVS and bought an Organic Root Stimulator relaxer.... Never used it before [Mistake #2]! Didnt realize it was extra strength, but my roots were bad and matted so I was like w/e [Mistake #3]!

Anyway, my friend put it in... she pulled and tussled through my hair... Never experienced that before... warning sign #1! Then it started burning, but I was like okay... I have been scratching... warning sign #2! She wanted me to wait and let it settle... I was like okay.... w/e.. it wasnt too bad b/c it had no lye, but when she tussled through it some more... she was opening my pores

Got in the shower to rinse it out... my eyes are closed and I feel a lock of hair in my hand.. I optimistically ignore it. Time for conditioner... hair is all up and down the shower walls...my heart is racing and I am shaking... put the conditioner in... Try to detangle with detangling comb... Big mistake!! Saw a huge chunk of hair! Had Flashbacks to "Whats Love Got To Do With It"! Almost passed out!LOL I finished with the conditioner scared as hell and shaking...

It only got worse when her blow dryer didnt work... I dried using the head dryer though and it came out fine... Might start doing that. Flat ironed my hair... cant tell where the hair came from, but I know my aunt will when I go home and she is probably going to want to get scissor happyCry Oh and I have some horrible sores I am nursing... hair was all matted this morn.

Moral: Dont let strangers in your hair!Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

Edited by UrMom - May 09 2010 at 11:42pm
Sponsored Links

Bre. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 1:00am
First, of all I NEVER EVER get a relaxer if my hair is matted, that's a big no-no to me,  and I learned the hard way as well, letting strangers in my hair.  I went to a salon to get a trim and this 20 Y/o cut my almost APL hair to NL....I'm sorry this setback happened to you but they've happened to us all and I'm sure you'll recover soon!!! Good Luck!!!
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 6:54pm
WHOA!! U did neutralize rite??
or did u go from RELAXER --------> Conditioner?
tallshorty86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2010 at 3:15pm
Wow. Talk about a horror hair story. Sorry you had to go through all of that. Does your hair seem thinner since the relaxer?
CoKOhot4life View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 2:02pm
Alway do ur own hair
crysm2k View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 4:22pm
NO ONE and I mean no one outside of me or my momma can put a relaxer in my hair- PERIOD. I cosign with the above person about relaxing while ur hair is matted big no no. I personally use ORS relaxers but I use normal never extra strength and although I've been relaxing my own hair for a while I still read the instructions front to back as if I was doing it for the first time. I hope no serious damage was done to ur hair or scalp after this ordeal.
MbchildofGod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 5:51pm
I had similar experiences when I was rinsing out a relaxer last summer. I passed my hand through my hair and a huge clump came out, and I freaked out and tried to reassure myself that it was only that small piece and nothing else, but the more I touched, the more came out. I freaked and developed a kind of phobia of relaxers.
What ended up happening was that only the growth that had just been texturized remained and everything else broke off, so certain spots around my head had only one inch of hair.
I have only texturized since then and detangle my hair prior to chemical treatments. Fortunately, my hair has improved in those areas, though it's still recognizably broken. But through proper care, I have faith that within a few months, it'll be better.

I think you'll only have to trim/cut hair to even it out in certain spots.
Shannon920 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 3:49pm
Lawd have mercy!!!!  I feel so bad for you!  Find yourself a good condish for your hair until you go home, as well as something to put on your scalp, and when you go home to see your Aunt in the salon, consult with her as to how to take care of it from there....
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2012 at 2:20pm
Did you skip the neutralizing shampoo OP?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic