FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not Guilty Verdict in Bowie State Murder Trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:18pm
those images weren't with the article(those wouldn't post). I  grabbed some  from an image search.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Nov 16 2012 at 10:20pm
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:24pm
They need to be more careful with charging folks with 1st degree murder. 
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 10:33pm
Oh wow that's crazy.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:22pm
This woman accidentally murdered a woman by intentionally bringing out a pocket knife?

When this case was new, I remember they said she stabbed her with a pair of scissors. That woman is guilty, period. I'm amazed she's going scott free!
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:44pm
The story that I remember hearing from witnesses last year was that they were fighting and roommates broke it up and pushed the girls in their respective rooms.  Ole girl came back with the scissors and stabbed her in the neck.  This sounds like a whole different case.

The last person standing tells the story I guess.

I think this is a matter of light-skinned vs. dark thoConfused
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:55pm
i think the victim was portrayed as a bully when it first happened. i wonder if that made the jurors feel sorry for the murderer.

and arent pocket knives folded? did it accidentally swing open when she accidentally stabbed her???

this story seems so different than the original one.

soo many things wrong here
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

i think the victim was portrayed as a bully when it first happened. i wonder if that made the jurors feel sorry for the murderer.

and arent pocket knives folded? did it accidentally swing open when she accidentally stabbed her???

this story seems so different than the original one.

soo many things wrong here

This. And did they not pull her twitter also?i remember she called herself some type of killer our something.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:04am
sounds like the bolded may have turned the case for the jury.

========================================
Article from Wednesday (day before verdict)

Witness: Deadly slashing during roommate fight could have been accident

From Keaira Johnson’s perspective, Alexis Simpson instigated the confrontation that left her roommate at Bowie State University fatally wounded. But Johnson, who saw the deadly fight, acknowledged in court Wednesday that Simpson might not have intended to slash her roommate’s neck.

Defense attorneys say that Simpson was bullied by Frazier and her friends and retrieved and wielded the knife in self-defense.

Johnson, 21, a friend of Frazier’s, testified Wednesday that Simpson and Frazier began to argue after Simpson turned off an iPod playing in the suite and that Simpson soon began yelling outside the door to Frazier’s room.

Johnson testified that after Frazier retrieved a knife — not the weapon used in the slaying — she quickly moved to take it from her and stash it in a dresser drawer.

“I said, ‘You’re not going to do that,’ ” Johnson testified. “You’re not going to stab her.”

Soon after, Johnson testified, Simpson came into the room and began to fight Frazier, and the brawl spilled to the living room. Johnson said that after that fight paused, Simpson punched her and the two of them traded blows.

After the melee had appeared to end, Johnson testified, Simpson again went to Frazier’s room. She said that the women “started swinging at each other” and that Frazier “grabbed her neck and just stopped moving,” apparently having been slashed.

That account is in line with other witnesses’ and prosecutors’ theory of the case. But defense attorneys forced a key concession from Johnson when she acknowledged on cross-examination that Simpson might not have intended to slash Frazier.

“It looked like a mistake, right?” Christopher Griffiths, Simpson’s defense attorney, asked Johnson.

“I guess. Yeah,” Johnson said.

Defense attorneys on Wednesday began calling their own witnesses, first questioning two Bowie State juniors who said they witnessed incidents involving Simpson, Frazier and Frazier’s friends.

Elliott Styles and Unique Arnold testified that they saw some women glaring at Simpson in a cafeteria area at the university after an argument. Previous testimony indicated that those women were Frazier and her friends. Arnold said that about a week before the stabbing, Simpson told her that she intended to change dorm rooms.

Another defense witness, Janaye Ruffin, who lived across the hall from Frazier and Simpson, testified that after the slashing, Simpson seemed “scared” and “concerned.”

“She was breathing heavy,” Ruffin said. “She couldn’t even put words together to form sentences.”

Prosecutors concluded their portion of the case by calling a medical examiner, who testified that Frazier died of “multiple sharp force injuries,” including a cut to the jugular that could have proven fatal in seconds.

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:04am
can't imagine what the victim's family must be going through
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:06am
I agree Ricky
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System