FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Not Claiming Your S/O on Social Media?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:07am
I never said that it was to keep him from cheating. I also don't want him posting our every move; just once in a blue moon is nice. Personal is not putting everything out there. If you mean personal as in not being posted online and not being seen out in public, then f#ck that...Oh and that post is on the 2nd page.
Sponsored Links

Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 2:33pm
Lol I don't mean the public I just mean social media.. The public is something you can't help but social media is controllable.. Sorry I'm going thru something similar where I have to have an account on Twitter for my business. My GF at them moment wants me to personalize the account but the account isn't mine really to personalize  in that way & personally I never wanted an account.. Even when I got it she knew how I felt about it I do the bare minimum on it ... ( waste of time) She's really upset about it & I don't feel like I can budge on it.. 
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:43pm
Ahhhh I see. If your page is only for business, then she needs to understand that. Now if you are posting stuff unrelated to your business, then that's another story. I have a separate page for my non-profit and I don't post anything unrelated to my organization on that page. If you don't want to have a personal account, then she shouldn't be mad. I would love if my man didn't have a personal account at all lol. Do you take her out in public and does your family and friends know she is your girlfriend? 
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:51am
Me and my now ex dude had issues with this......He used to get upset because I didn't post enough pics of him and I, when really I really ain't post none of my damn self....only quotes pics n stuff like that.

It became a problem to the point where I deleted my facebook a year ago when we first hooked up.....and he wanted me to get rid of my Instagram recently but I fig if you really didn't have male friends added...the 3 that you did add you've  known forever....and there was absolutely no flirting going on then why delete it. He basically wanted to run my life and I got sick of it. The last straw was when he accused me of being on Skype, I haven't been on there in about 2 years I can't help the damn thing still pops up on my old ass computer, besides even if I were on skype (I have a grandfather who's in paris and is waiting for me to skype him) then whats the big fckn deal. So I called it quits because I was getting accused waaaay to much for it to had been a year +. I fig  if there is absolutely no trust then why stay in the relationship period. It's called A WASTE OF MY TIME. I'm at the age where time is not to be wasted. Oh yea and he was younger than me....GO FIGURE. 

Never again

Sorry venting....Confused 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:04pm
Wow!

He WAS a controlling nutcase - good that you got rid of him. That situation would only have escalated. I cannot be with a jealous man.

I avoid social media... like the plague. I only recently got on ONE of them (a Business social media) and that was because so many of my customers and co-workers kind of pressured me into it .. in a nice way. :) They expect everyone to be on this site and I couldn't hold them off any longer.

That said - I have only 2 things listed:
My previous positions/jobs
My Education

That's all they need to know about me in terms of my work.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Over_all Over_all wrote:

Lol I don't mean the public I just mean social media.. The public is something you can't help but social media is controllable.. Sorry I'm going thru something similar where I have to have an account on Twitter for my business. My GF at them moment wants me to personalize the account but the account isn't mine really to personalize  in that way & personally I never wanted an account.. Even when I got it she knew how I felt about it I do the bare minimum on it ... ( waste of time) She's really upset about it & I don't feel like I can budge on it.. 

You shouldn't budge on it. That's your BUSINESS which has nothing to do with your personal life.
Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 3:08pm
It wouldn't bother me. Like my momma always said having a good woman is like having a million dollars you can only flash it for so long until somebody gonna try and take it. Personally I love privacy.

I do have a fb but its mostly to keep in touch with long distance family and my s/o has one also. Our status does say we're in a relationship together...but even if it didn't I wouldn't care cuz I know he mine social website or not.

You don't wanna b that trophy gf either tho..

I think its romantic if he's trying to keep you to his self but if it bothers you so much jus ask him

Edited by Twisted_Angel - Mar 12 2014 at 3:09pm
Twisted_Angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted_Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Thanks for the responses but I do feel like what you post on social media reflects how you want to be perceived (in most cases).

Ok I jus rushed in without reading all the pages...my s/o barely visits tho sites but I was with somebody in the past like this but he turned out to be a loser..I see your point too.

Edited by Twisted_Angel - Mar 12 2014 at 3:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic