FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not Claiming Your S/O on Social Media?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:26pm
That's what I am thinking. It's odd to me for someone to be so open about everything else. He has the max amount of friends on FB and a good amount of followers on ig and twitter. I just don't like that people can look at his page and perceive him as single. I posted the 2 pics of us because I noticed his insecurity about me having a lot of followers, especially ones from the NFL and entertainment industry. II normally only post things promoting myself and my business, so it isn't very personal. I spoke with him about it and he told me that he had gotten so used to not posting him and his ex-gf on his page that it became habit and he didn't think of it. She used to insist on keeping their relationship private from social media. Mind you, he found out this girl cheated on him with several men andI told him that her not posting was to cover her azz and it does cross my mind that he could be doing something similar. I trust him but I just want to make sure/not be blind. He posted a pic of us. I just felt like he should have been proud to show me off without me having to ask lol

Edited by 305bgirl - Feb 16 2014 at 10:28pm
Sponsored Links

305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:29pm
Thanks for the responses but I do feel like what you post on social media reflects how you want to be perceived (in most cases).
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

It depends: does he interact online only with people you have met such as friends and family? Or is he one of those people who has 600+ friends on facebook, and hundreds of followers on twitter and instagram? Because in that case I would be a bit uncomfortable with it - you never know who is private messaging him.

I know a girl who has over a thousand followers on instagram. She mostly posts pics of her work, but once in a while she will post pics of her with her bf or just a pic of him. She has been only dating him for 4 months, but I think that's her way to show everyone she has someone, without putting her whole relationship out there. That is a balanced way to announce your status on social media without going overboard, and that would be something I wouldn't mind if I had a guy who was "popular" online.

I find 3-4 years a long time for someone to not post one pic, but if he shows commitment to you on a daily basis and he was also like that with exes (or maybe he posted too much about an ex and that was a problem), there wouldn't be much to discuss about, since he probably prefers to keep his relationship private.
This is the thing. I have thousands of friends on FB and IG and he does as well, we both are decent looking, so he gets the occasional girls trying to flirt and there are a lot of men on my pages that flirt. That is the main reason I posted the 2 that I did(one about a year ago and then on Vday). I felt him getting a little insecure previously, so I did that to make sure that he was comfortable.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

That's really iffy. He wants to keep his relationship aspect private, but nothing else? I would wonder if he's using that site to get hoes behind your back.
This is what all of my friends say. They are the ones that got me questioning this more. It's easy to say you're single with no sign of being in a relationship on your page. I don't think he is cheating but I never put it past anyone.
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:49pm
I do not think it is important to acknowledge your relationship on Public media.What is important is what you doing in real life.Maybe he does not want people purposely causing drama or saying things to you or about you to ruin your relationship out of spite. To many people take this Social media thing seriously people say and do a lot of stuff that is not true on social media because they behind a computer. You know his friends and family and you spending time with him, worry about it if any of those things change.Do not let Social media interfere with your relationship because it can.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

This is what all of my friends say. They are the ones that got me questioning this more. 
dont let them mess up your relationship. you already stated in your op that family and friends already know whats going on. everyone else in social media..or not are not even important. i mean..what were you doing before social media was around? dont put too much faith in that. you know him better than anyone else. dont be one of those ppl that are..just cause its on fb (or whatever) must mean its the truth.

cause i can tell ya. on fb..i dont want ppl knowing me. i dont use my real name. they dont even know if the kids posted are mine. i was with my dude when i first got it and its been saying im widowed since the beginning of time lol. no one knows what he looks like. (minus the folks i talk to irl)

im just sayin tho. good luck.

Edited by Lady ICE - Feb 17 2014 at 11:12am
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 11:55am
When he got insecure over the men on your fb and instagram, I would have said "Why don't you claim me then?". That was all he had to  do. Post a pic of you two, tag you, done deal. But you posted a pic instead. That means nothing, many girls are delusional nowadays and post a pic of them with anyone and claim love - so it has to be both ways doing it.

Men who get uncomfortable over their girl's male friends/followers/coworkers are usually the ones doing something wrong.

He posted ONE pic of you guys in 3-4 years. Big deal. If he is cheating, he can tell girls in private messaging that you were a girl he is having fun with, but was a bit insecure over his female followers/friends.

You and his ex are different people, the feelings also should be different, unless both made him feel the same way, so I am not buying the whole "I was so used to be like that with my ex".

Sorry but nowadays, a guy may be great to you when you two are together, but it does not mean he is loyal over the internet. How many women had a great husband/boyfriend and found out they were being cheated on? Social media or not, if the man wants to cheat, he will, and he will cover up really well.

Don't give in next time he feels insecure over your friends. I find ridiculous that he can feel insecure but he won't bother to go to your page and post a pic tagging both of you.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 1:06pm
Correct... I concur.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

When he got insecure over the men on your fb and instagram, I would have said "Why don't you claim me then?". That was all he had to  do. Post a pic of you two, tag you, done deal. But you posted a pic instead. That means nothing, many girls are delusional nowadays and post a pic of them with anyone and claim love - so it has to be both ways doing it.

Men who get uncomfortable over their girl's male friends/followers/coworkers are usually the ones doing something wrong.

He posted ONE pic of you guys in 3-4 years. Big deal. If he is cheating, he can tell girls in private messaging that you were a girl he is having fun with, but was a bit insecure over his female followers/friends.

You and his ex are different people, the feelings also should be different, unless both made him feel the same way, so I am not buying the whole "I was so used to be like that with my ex".

Sorry but nowadays, a guy may be great to you when you two are together, but it does not mean he is loyal over the internet. How many women had a great husband/boyfriend and found out they were being cheated on? Social media or not, if the man wants to cheat, he will, and he will cover up really well.

Don't give in next time he feels insecure over your friends. I find ridiculous that he can feel insecure but he won't bother to go to your page and post a pic tagging both of you.
He already posted the pic as soon as I mentioned it and wrote a caption that shows that we are def more than some f#ck buddies(A lot of sidechicks dgaf nowadays either way tho). At the time, I didn't really care about him not posting one of me, so I didn't mention it. Sometimes past habits can die hard. In my previous relationships I was very private and posted no pics, so until he really mentioned that I had not and that it was bothering him, I didn't. I told him that his ex and I were different people, so I expect different things.

I believe he was uncomfortable with some of them because of the amount of followers I have and some of their occupations. I am friends with quite a few people in the entertainment/sports industrt because of my work. If he were friends with video vixens and top models, I would def feel a little insecure lol. It's the same. I really don't believe that he is cheating and I have passwords to all of his accounts. I just don't want go be blind just in case lol I feel like it's easier to tell people that you are single when you project that image online. I am very happy with him otherwise and as soon as I brought it up he posted a pic. Problem solved.

Edited by 305bgirl - Feb 18 2014 at 1:57pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 1:56pm
damn you have his passwords? then why care if he doesn't post pics?!
having the password gives you free access to everything lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System