Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Northern VA/DC weaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
satirical7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satirical7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northern VA/DC weaves
    Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 12:38pm
Hi, I'm doing the transition from lace to weave and I'm trying to find a good salon for full head weaves in DC/VA that doesn't charge a small fortune.

I'm scared of looky wiggy, so I will pay not to walk around looking jacked up! I found a spot in Northern Va called ONYC BEAUTY that looks impeccable, but her prices require some deep relections in a recession LMAO!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Plus I'm seeing all these hair names

Cuticle Indian
Wagmans
Sengori Shells

Which is the best for a newbie to the weave game?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

dollface2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dollface2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 1:11pm

for my first weave i used BSS hair, well i still used BSS hair. Outre is really good considering your not paying a buncha money.

There is a salon called Brown Sugar Hair Studio. They have weave wednesday- Installs for 99 dollars.

Then there is another salon um Sheldeez i believe. Its not too far from Dulles Airport.
i think the website is Sheldeez.com

I've never been to either of the salons but i've talked to their stylists via phone and they were friendly and helpful
kradley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 4:07pm
This Brown Sugar place looks interesting to me because it's in my hometown. Have you been there ? Could you possibly just tell me what  street it's on so, I can check it out.
nickybee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 4:16pm
I know you said that ONYC Beauty was a little expensive but Thelma is SO WORTH it.  I swear.  I have never been more impressed with anyone's work as I have been with hers.  When I go to her for my installs, I always make sure to have a stack of her business cards on hand because I am constantly getting questioned about the hair and who did it.  =]  I haven't been to her in awhile because I've been wearing LWs but for my summer install, I am definitely going back to her.  Seriously, I'm a customer of hers for life.  I just wish she were nearer to me.  Driving out to her in VA from up here in Northern MD is quite the trek.

Edited by nickybee - Apr 16 2009 at 4:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satirical7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 9:02am
Ok, Thanks for the info. I might have to do some saving or pull a birthday request to mess with Thelma. Do you have any pics of your hair when she did it?
Feisty35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feisty35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 9:49am
exactly how much does Thelma charge? I'm interested in going to her
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 9:56am
I just spoke with Thelma on Saturday to see if she can do my install for vegas in May but she is booked call her ASAP she will be traveling very soon. She is really good with closures as well.
Feisty35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feisty35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 10:15am
HOW MUCH DOES THELMA CHARGE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satirical7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 10:42am
http://www.onycbeauty.com/Home.html

If you click on hair extensions and scroll down..you will see the prices

Edited by satirical7 - Apr 20 2009 at 10:43am
PurposeByDesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurposeByDesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 1:07pm
Where is the brown sugar hair studio located in VA?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>