Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - North Carolina bans classic novel  "Invisible Man"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North Carolina bans classic novel "Invisible Man"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Originally posted by TheAwakenGod TheAwakenGod wrote:

Go to siriustimes.com. They have a library full of African American lectures that teach the REAL truth about our history. You cannot find these videos anywhere else. You can find topics ranging from education, metaphysics, diet, and history.

Confused There are some really weird stuff on that site.

By weird you mean extremely informative and enlightening

Do any of the lectures/videos have previews or something? All I see are titles and prices. The site itself isn't very user friendly. No comment on the content since I can't find any of it.
Sponsored Links

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by TheAwakenGod TheAwakenGod wrote:

Go to siriustimes.com. They have a library full of African American lectures that teach the REAL truth about our history. You cannot find these videos anywhere else. You can find topics ranging from education, metaphysics, diet, and history.

Confused There are some really weird stuff on that site.

By weird you mean extremely informative and enlightening

Do any of the lectures/videos have previews or something? All I see are titles and prices. The site itself isn't very user friendly. No comment on the content since I can't find any of it.

You have a PM Wink
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 3:28pm
Neka, you must've had a sizeable Black population at your school because that's an extensive list for an American public school
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 3:41pm
it started out that way in elementary school. however, as the years progressed (and i moved around), it shifted to mostly hispanic students. 

basically, our city layout is: east-black, north-white, west/south- hispanic
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 4:08pm
banned?  wtf?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 4:20pm
Its so boring it prolly should be banned.....only book in high school I just couldnt read......I read the sparknotes and came to class answering  questions in shut like I really read it.........
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 6:02pm
you thought it was boring???  i actually enjoyed it and i hate reading books...
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 9:42pm
Just like when the nazis started burning other races books. Invisible man is an awesome book, I have a copy of it.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Covers Neka's literature lovin' eyes* I bet they still make those kids read those boring ass 18/19th century haole lit books that's boring as sh*t.Ermm

Anywho, this must be the 'it' thing for haoles: Erase honest black experiences that paint haoles in a negative light in education and keep it focused on who they view as the 'safe negro' such as MLK, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, etc.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Blaque! You remember reading that mess and even the teacher would say 'I know it's boring and hard to read but you have to read it'.

I know the school board members don't have the brain cells to get past a chapter of an Emily Bronte book but somehow Invisible Man is too hard of a read? Haole please!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic