Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Non-American blacks do you let your kids associate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Non-American blacks do you let your kids associate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

it is called the cultural ecological theory
Shocked I've only studied ecological theory. This sounds so interesting. Thank you so much Samone.Big smile
Sponsored Links

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

[QUOTE=kfoxx1998]There is a good case for limiting yt friend with your children. That inherent sense of entitlement can be dangerous.   I am still shocked at some of the things I've seen them not only try but get away with.

Especially when you're black and it doesn't actually apply to you.

I see your points but there are bad apples in every race.
Children should learn how to associate themselves with EVERYONE so that they do not go thru cultural shocks once they are on their own; in the real work so to speak

The more a child is exposed to different cultures and lifestyles the more enriching their life will be.
My parents were a bit overprotective and I attended schools with a predominantly black population that is whycollege was such a challenge for me....dealing with snooty white folks....not leading how to assert myself against their passive aggressive racism STILL follows me today. These are things that should be dealt with at ayounger she [/QUOTE

I'm not opposed to my kids have a white friend or two, but if their group of friends is majority or all white, they are
setting themselves up for all types of disappointment. I always tell people that learning to deal with white peoplein a collegial manner is important because its largely unavoidable, but I've seen it get black kids in a lot oftrouble. The black kid is the one that always takes the fall when shyt hits the fan.

This is indeed true. Balance is everything. Its a self loathing concept as an aa to choose to surround yourself with mainly whites. I have friends from all different races...however I connect mostly with gay white men bc they are fair and have experienced injustices of their own so there is a shared platform in our experience of prejudice. (some of them).

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 1:04pm

[QUOTE=kfoxx1998]There is a good case for limiting yt friend with your children. That inherent sense of entitlement can be dangerous.   I am still shocked at some of the things I've seen them not only try but get away with.

Especially when you're black and it doesn't actually apply to you.

I see your points but there are bad apples in every race.
Children should learn how to associate themselves with EVERYONE so that they do not go thru cultural shocks once they are on their own; in the real work so to speak

The more a child is exposed to different cultures and lifestyles the more enriching their life will be.
My parents were a bit overprotective and I attended schools with a predominantly black population that is whycollege was such a challenge for me....dealing with snooty white folks....not leading how to assert myself against their passive aggressive racism STILL follows me today. These are things that should be dealt with at ayounger she [/QUOTE

I'm not opposed to my kids have a white friend or two, but if their group of friends is majority or all white, they are
setting themselves up for all types of disappointment. I always tell people that learning to deal with white peoplein a collegial manner is important because its largely unavoidable, but I've seen it get black kids in a lot oftrouble. The black kid is the one that always takes the fall when shyt hits the fan.

This is indeed true. Balance is everything. Its a self loathing concept as an aa to choose to surround yourself with mainly whites. I have friends from all different races...however I connect mostly with gay white men bc they are fair and have experienced injustices of their own so there is a shared platform in our experience of prejudice. (some of them).

What?Dead
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 1:10pm
Confused
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 1:22pm
Are your kids REALLY friends with them or just more accepted. Is your level of acceptance dependent on who is around?

I find it odd that people want to be accepted by people who you must feel doesn't really feel that you are their equal with the whole " we are not one of them" everyone can pick themselves up by the bootstraps mentality while pushing the my skin is brown but im a "non black new black"

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 1:22pm
CC can you do the bhm jail and include the non blacks?? Please and thanks
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 1:27pm

anytime cc
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 2:52pm
This was an interesting read.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I wouldnt mind if my kids had a one friend.

I had a white friend growing up .
Its fine .

White ppl on a macro level aint sht but if my son or daughter happens to find a needle in a haystack then sure they can hang after Ive properly vetted the yt parents.

But if my child is the one black person in a sea of white or dates a white then.....

Plus I plan to teach my child our history , the real deal about racism and our cultures values

Thumbs Up Pretty much sums up what I feel.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

This is a great thread. Growing up I can Attest to my family having the same mindset that aa blacks are lazy. The reason being for this mindset is bc most blacks that migrate from other countries tend to settle in areas that are low income and they are in fact surrounded by people from this economic bracket.

I have always thought this and wonder how can yall all live the same place and in some instances the immigrant families never make it out but one group is lazier

[URL=http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" rel="nofollow][/URL]
[URL=http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" rel="nofollow][/URL]

The reason for their conclusion is that Americans were born in a country with a plethora of opportunities that they refuse to take advantage of. That they rather sit on govt assistance, live in the pjs and bleed the govt dry. On the flipside, after spending an extended period of time in the Caribbean, witnessed much more entitlement and 'laziness' from Caribbean folks. Yes, it is a so called laid back society but they benefit from hand outs the same way their as their American counterparts. Most of them live of their lands and have a lower expectation of life. In America, it is never enough...there is always someone with more money than you thus a reason to feel defeated and never try. Also if it were not for the struggles of aa during the civil rights many Caribbean folks would not have the advantages in thus country As they do now.

Blacks from other countries need to get off of their imaginary high horse and assimilate with American culture...

The 2 days i got to do some real work y'all make a nice thread like this?

sbrownie always tickles me. I know she has a disdain/maybe hatred for Jamaicans (males in particular)  but it's hilarious how she never ever manages to rep her island whichever it is, is it Jamaica?. High five for your consistency with keeping it a secret.

Could you expand on the bolded? Entitlement to what- hand outs from relatives or the government? If the latter, Tell me which island has the social programs or even just the ease of well, everything North Americans have so i may move there.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>