Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Non-American blacks do you let your kids associate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Non-American blacks do you let your kids associate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

There is a good case for limiting yt friend with your children.  That inherent sense of entitlement can be dangerous.   I am still shocked at some of the things I've seen them not only try but get away with. 

Especially when you're black and it doesn't actually apply to you. 

I see your points but there are bad apples in every race.

Children should learn how to associate themselves with EVERYONE so that they do not go thru cultural shocks once they are on their own; in the real work so to speak.

The more a child is exposed to different cultures and lifestyles the more enriching their life will be.
My parents were a bit overprotective and I attended schools with a predominantly black population that is why college was such a challenge for me....dealing with snooty white folks....not leading how to assert myself against their passive aggressive racism STILL follows me today. These are things that should be dealt with at a younger she
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Back in the day, our next door neighbor was this family from Sierra Leone. The mom wouldn't let her kids come near us. Which I get now bc we were some bebe's kids for real

I remember shouting something at their daughter who was my age when I was like 10...I think I called her a stuck up bitch...her mom yoked me up and spanked me

Then my mom went to her spot to tell her about herself and they ended up getting into a fistfight and my mom got arrested

I feel like there was a point to this story but you get the gist

#weakLOLLOLLOL
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

**Cherry are you from the commonwealth? I notice you spelt realise with an 's' like the rest of us Big smile

yeah my parents are nigerian but I was born and bred here in LondonLOL

oh, cool beansBig smile
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

maybe they are sold the lie that all american schools are created equal

maybe we are sold on the lie that the US is the best place on earth
People expect great things from perfection...

just sayin...that could be the trail of thought

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 15 2014 at 11:23am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:48am
some of you negroids are funny as hell...
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

There is a good case for limiting yt friend with your children.  That inherent sense of entitlement can be dangerous.   I am still shocked at some of the things I've seen them not only try but get away with. 

Children should learn how to associate themselves with EVERYONE so that they do not go thru cultural shocks once they are on their own; in the real work so to speak.

The more a child is exposed to different cultures and lifestyles the more enriching their life will be.
My parents were a bit overprotective and I attended schools with a predominantly black population that is why college was such a challenge for me....dealing with snooty white folks....not leading how to assert myself against their passive aggressive racism STILL follows me today. These are things that should be dealt with at a younger she

Didn't a poster come in here talking about her calling someone's Sierra Leonian's daughter a *itch while her mother was in earshot? Does that mean the mother would be justified in never allowing her daughter to have AA friends?

I really want to know...
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

There is a good case for limiting yt friend with your children. That inherent sense of entitlement can be dangerous.   I am still shocked at some of the things I've seen them not only try but get away with.

I'm not opposed to my kids have a white friend or two, but if their group of friends is majority or all white, they are setting themselves up for all types of disappointment. I always tell people that learning to deal with white people in a collegial manner is important because its largely unavoidable, but I've seen it get black kids in a lot of trouble. The black kid is the one that always takes the fall when shyt hits the fan.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:24pm
Another thing I don't like is when black kids go to prep school with white kids and end up in their 20s being "starving artists" or "folk musicians." Negro, you ain't got no trust fund! FOH. You are not white! Your parents spent their last dime on your tuition or pushed their way through to get you in that school even though they couldn't afford it.

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:28pm

I wouldnt mind if my kids had a one friend.

I had a white friend growing up .
Its fine .

White ppl on a macro level aint sht but if my son or daughter happens to find a needle in a haystack then sure they can hang after Ive properly vetted the yt parents.

But if my child is the one black person in a sea of white or dates a white then.....

Plus I plan to teach my child our history , the real deal about racism and our cultures values

Edited by jonesable - Jul 15 2014 at 12:31pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

it is called the cultural ecological theory
Shocked I've only studied ecological theory. This sounds so interesting. Thank you so much Samone.Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic