Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Non-American blacks do you let your kids associate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Non-American blacks do you let your kids associate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

wildfire-- you do realise that within many african football federations (cameroon comes to mind--I remember watching something about their federation and it was interesting, their pay wasn't even guaranteed a day before one of their past tournaments), that there's a lot of corruption and money-grabbing

...the powers that be aren't exactly creating a positive environment for the players either

Yes, thats true....i just feel like, it could somehow be dealt with outside of the public eye? 

**Cherry are you from the commonwealth? I notice you spelt realise with an 's' like the rest of us Big smile

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 14 2014 at 6:46pm
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

You know, just yesterday i was thinking that how the African teams behaved at the world cup, was a perfect example of how we tear ourselves and each other down. 

how do you mean?

dude, all the infighting and literal fighting on the field?Confused the ones attached to overseas clubs, demanding their money before they play etc? all aired out in the press...you missed that?
yep I honestly did

Then again I only watched the matches

LOL
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Sometimes it takes a troll to ask some wild ass questions to get the debate going because
BHM can be obsessively to PC at times and tends rely on articles and such a little much also. 
but then again what do I know.

To comment on the thread topic.. I wonder if their is any animosity from non American black immigrants
who have children and they end up DATING or possibly marrying an African American and not someone
within their immediate community.

Because everything is all good until you start procreating. j/s 

maybe Africans cause they got more cultural rules? just guessing...
i know we happy when Marcia, Sharon, and them marry a "foreigner"....green card and citizenship statusLOLLOL

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 14 2014 at 6:53pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

So I think it's a good thing that people are responding thoughtfully and carefully.

Yes.Clap
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I think I can sort of address that, being haitian and having both AA, african (and white European) cousins in law (and also having married into another culture myself at one point). I wouldn't say animosity per say, at least not from what I've observed in my family. But there are cultural clashes, no doubt. Most of my cousins that are married to AAs are male. I notice that it kind of bugs their parents a little bit that the AA wives don't take more of an active interest in haitian culture. There will most likely be bumps in the road when you marry another culture. Being both black doesn't remove all obstacles, people have to be realistic.

This x 100. 

My BIL married an AA and she has absolutely NO interest in our culture. He thought that once they were married she would assimilate, but she hasn't. It causes this awkward tension & some of these 
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

This x 100. 

My BIL married an AA and she has absolutely NO interest in our culture. He thought that once they were married she would assimilate, but she hasn't. It causes this awkward tension & some of these 

Gurlll.... I can post about this all day. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 7:55pm

Sometimes it takes a troll to ask some wild ass questions to get the debate going because
BHM can be obsessively to PC at times and tends rely on articles and such a little much also. 
but then again what do I know.

To comment on the thread topic.. I wonder if their is any animosity from non American black immigrants
who have children and they end up DATING or possibly marrying an African American and not someone
within their immediate community.

Because everything is all good until you start procreating. j/s 

maybe Africans cause they got more cultural rules? just guessing...
i know we happy when Marcia, Sharon, and them marry a "foreigner"....green card and citizenship statusLOLLOL

Of course there is going to be animosity.  Its not just toward AA, but anyone outside the culture.  My family is strongly against it as are man of the Yoruba families I know.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Hmmm, I know my family is very focused on preserving culture and identity, so I know that if I did marry you, they would make a deal out out of it. My father always told me while growing up to marry a nigerian man because he wants to be able to relate to his son in law and he dont want his grandkids eatin mcdonalds. But I like what I like, so he will learn to deal.

My mom always says when your child marries outside their culture you've "lost them" and when I was young I thought she was crazy.  Now I totally get it.  Its true.

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 9:06pm
Back in the day, our next door neighbor was this family from Sierra Leone. The mom wouldn't let her kids come near us. Which I get now bc we were some bebe's kids for real

I remember shouting something at their daughter who was my age when I was like 10...I think I called her a stuck up bitch...her mom yoked me up and spanked me

Then my mom went to her spot to tell her about herself and they ended up getting into a fistfight and my mom got arrested

I feel like there was a point to this story but you get the gist
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Back in the day, our next door neighbor was this family from Sierra Leone. The mom wouldn't let her kids come near us. Which I get now bc we were some bebe's kids for real

I remember shouting something at their daughter who was my age when I was like 10...I think I called her a stuck up bitch...her mom yoked me up and spanked me

Then my mom went to her spot to tell her about herself and they ended up getting into a fistfight and my mom got arrested

I feel like there was a point to this story but you get the gist
Stern Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style