Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

non cuticle aligned hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mariabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:33pm
Ok this is what I found out www.wigsroyal.com is where I purchased. The indian remy hair from them is not cuticle aligned hair only indian virgin hair is cuticle aligned. The person I spoke with confirmed it for me and in their description it doesn't say c uticles in same direction for indian remy
Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:26am
Mariabella, I'm almost certain that on plain ol' remy hair they strip OFF the cuticle entirely, so that the direction (theoretically) no longer matters.  So, the hair should not tangle (if all the cuticle is stripped) no matter which direction it is.  This however means the hair is weaker (since the cuticle is gone) and will not last as long as virgin, cuticle intact, hair. 

I think the reason a lot of remy wigs go wrong real fast is, all the cuticle has not been stripped - so the leftover cuticle fragments tangle like Hell.  Or perhaps the hair can get overstripped (I believe the stripping is done with acid solution).  But that's just my theory...

I've NEVER seen follicle bulbs on ANY hair, ever.  Except that which fell out of my own head!  LOL

Edited by hennared - Feb 06 2014 at 9:04am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:59am
Lol yes that makes sense but HONESTLY no lie I have seen this 3 times ok I guess perhaps I'm just lucky. When you zoom in on the picture you should be able to see it pretty easily. So in all honesty how long do you think before it stats tangling is there any way to tell? It appears tangle free shiny and sift and silky now. I even went as far as to ask what they coated the hair with so maybe I can purchase it to use at home. But he said they don't coat the hair.   
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:03am
I believe you!!  I just haven't seen that.. but I haven't bought remy hair in a long time, I always get their virgin units. 

But they DO coat the hair.. I know they do.. or someone does (for all I know the wig making factories buy the hair from hair processing factories; maybe they don't do all the steps in one shop??)  But that processed hair is .. well, processed, and coated.   The John Korea stuff I have posted about is such a coating.. I don't think it is *the* coating, but it is a silicone based coating that coats the hair shaft on processed hair to prevent tangling.  It works pretty well Smile but it is tricky to use, expensive, and if you overdo it you have *lank* hair that doesn't tangle... ask me how I know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:41am
Ah I see. It sounds like you've had some experience with it lol. My gut says I should probably just return it and get my money back I've never used ups but I understand it is cheaper   just hope they don't take a month to get it there. I seen your post about the john Korea I don't know why I didn't even think of it till now. It does sound tricky though I bought the silicone mix shampoo and leave in but I felt it left the hair feeling weird after I know whatever they used on the hair they sent it looks beautiful it almost hurts to send it back lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:43am
And what you said about buying it processed makes sense because if it was untreated wouldn't it be hard to keep the hair from tangling while making it and then not to mention it would get on the lace if done afterwords

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 1:42pm
So I wanted to update....since the unit to be returned would be 35 plus 35 for shipping (return and resend new hair) and extra cost plus custom order for virgin indian (only remy in stock) I took quite a gamble and kept the unit. Thanks you guys for responding and henna especially for helping me understand about processing the hair. It appears wither I got lucky or the hair from them is processed very nicely. I bought natural color and was able to lift and tone in one step with 6A color and 40vol it didnt completely cut all reddish tone out but still lifted nicely I conditioned with only conditioner I had on hand which ws s finesse and put some silicone mix leave in on set for 10 min then rinsed and so far the hair has held up nicely still soft and no tangles . Ill come back in and update in a month and see how it is then if anyone wants
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12