Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

non cuticle aligned hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mariabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: non cuticle aligned hair
    Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 10:31am
Just wanted to share with you guys something I think might be helpful about cuticle aligned hair.
I noticed one way to tell for sure if the hair is not cuticle aligned hair. I've had it happened three times so far. The first time was my first purchase when I got the order (custom order) I noticed after looking at the hair that at the tips there were these tiny little bulbs on the ends of the strands that when I pinched my fingers and ran it along the hair I could feel it also. I had waited so long though I decided to keep it and worst mistake ever it tangled matted like crazy. I ordered from an eBay seller claiming to sell me virgin hair and I knew immediately even though it looked beautiful it had the tell tale bulbs so I returned it immediately even though the seller claimed it was impossible since the hair is cut and the bulbs not there so it must of been fallen hair from brushes etc. Now after feeling comfortable with the vendor I ordered from 3 times I opened it and there it was again : ( I ordered virgin the other times but got indian remy this time because virgin indian stock wasn't available. I asked the man if it was cuticle aligned he said yes but I noticed in the description it did not specify cuticle in same direction on indian remy....   so well anyways it chinese new year so I have to wait

not sure if thats clickable. Let me know if anyone has anything to add about this topic??

http://public.fotki.com/mariabell07/non-cuticle-aligned-hair
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by mariabella mariabella wrote:

Just wanted to share with you guys something I think might be helpful about cuticle aligned hair.
I noticed one way to tell for sure if the hair is not cuticle aligned hair. I've had it happened three times so far. The first time was my first purchase when I got the order (custom order) I noticed after looking at the hair that at the tips there were these tiny little bulbs on the ends of the strands that when I pinched my fingers and ran it along the hair I could feel it also. I had waited so long though I decided to keep it and worst mistake ever it tangled matted like crazy. I ordered from an eBay seller claiming to sell me virgin hair and I knew immediately even though it looked beautiful it had the tell tale bulbs so I returned it immediately even though the seller claimed it was impossible since the hair is cut and the bulbs not there so it must of been fallen hair from brushes etc. Now after feeling comfortable with the vendor I ordered from 3 times I opened it and there it was again : ( I ordered virgin the other times but got indian remy this time because virgin indian stock wasn't available. I asked the man if it was cuticle aligned he said yes but I noticed in the description it did not specify cuticle in same direction on indian remy....   so well anyways it chinese new year so I have to wait

not sure if thats clickable. Let me know if anyone has anything to add about this topic??

http://public.fotki.com/mariabell07/non-cuticle-aligned-hair/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 10:42am
Ok not sure why I cant edit but the link I put is broken here's it again http://public.fotki.com/mariabell07/non-cuticle-aligned-hair/ I also posted it in the other lace front section and on accident in here twice : { not sure why I cant delete or edit
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 1:49pm
Bumping for ya :).  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 4:34pm
Thanks chatnoir I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had any input on it. Can you tell easily in the pics?
http://public.fotki.com/mariabell07/non-cuticle-aligned-hair/hope the link works this time

Edited by mariabella - Feb 01 2014 at 4:41pm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:21pm
Hi Mariabella, my apologies for the late reply.

Yes, I can see the photos now, beautiful hair by the way.  I think you're on to something.  The bulbs look like hair that was pulled from the root. Shocked   

If you're ordering Indian hair, you'll probably have to order hair from a vendor like bdogg (see weave section) or indianhairs.com.  Good hair vendors are hard to find, as you can see.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:42pm
Yes beautiful hair! If it was only cuticle aligned : ( I also noticed the mannequin head I have that we used for practice in cosmetology school also has the same bulbs on the end of the hair except the hair on it is obviously not coated with whatever they coated the wig I got with. And the mannequin also has a crapload of grey and couple strings ventilated in as well. Id be tempted to keep it since I've never returned hair to China before but I know that coating is going to wear off. Actually I had a question if anyone knows. When I vendor says to mark it as sample hair worth only 10 dollars so they don't pay a lot to get it out of customs does everyone do this? Has your unit ever been lost and then no insurance to cover it? Just nervous something may happen especially since I'm paying shipping but do not eant the vendor tonot pick it up do to the cost they will pay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:44pm
BTW thanks for the info on hair I will look them up for future!
Orwenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orwenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:55pm
My understanding of those "little bulbs" is that it is a type of split end. However, in this case it is occurring in the middle of the hair shaft. So it's not necessarily a sign of non-cuticle aligned hair, but a sign that the hair itself is not of quality. But it could always be both as well..lol. This link shows the different types of split ends.

http://www.guyslonghair.com/apps/blog/show/prev?from_id=14502774

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:40pm
I wasnt able to open the link on my mobile. Ill have to try through my desktop.No their not split ends at all they are a bulb at the ends it can be felt with your fingers and isn't at the middle of the hair strand. Sometimes if dark hair color is applied over it it will turn dark. It seems its hair taken from brushes and then treated to make it appear shiny and not tangled

Edited by mariabella - Feb 04 2014 at 11:44pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System