BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

non believers who come from religious families

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:36pm
I grew up in an extremely religious family (pastors, Bishops, Divinity school deans, etc). I don't know if I was ever a believer but I knew that I wasn't by around age 16. I didn't have a coming out talk or anything.  Now, when my mom talks about her beliefs, I don't argue with what she believes but I let her know that I don't.

Even before I became a non believer, much of what the church teaches (and my mom believes) I didn't support and would question them on why they believed in it or taught against.

eta: I will still go to church services and events  because I don't mind it. I like choir singing. When my brother did his ordination sermon, I was the first to jump up to read for him (church folks will know what I mean lol)
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:44pm
I don't discuss my religious beliefs in regards to Christianity. I am not trying to give my mother a heart attack or have an intervention.

I think she may know something is up because she keeps asking my when my boys will be baptized. ekk !
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:47pm
how old are they?
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:53pm
They are in thier late 60's Purp!

The funny thing is when I was growing up when something went down in the family, they (grandma,cousins etc) would always go and see "someone" to help them out.

I would always think if you believe then why are your turning to someone else other than God. I been side eyeing since the I can remember...LOL

Oops ! I think you meant my boys they are 8 and 10

Edited by Rumbera - Dec 10 2013 at 5:54pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:55pm
lol they thought i was children of the corn in confirmation class...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

They are in thier late 60's Purp!

The funny thing is when I was growing up when something went down in the family, they (grandma,cousins etc) would always go and see "someone" to help them out.

I would always think if you believe then why are your turning to someone else other than God. I been side eyeing since the I can remember...LOL

Oops ! I think you meant my boys they are 8 and 10

oh gosh yes! I meant your boys.

I was going to ask if it would be a water baptism or christening type, but didn't know how old they were. Does your church do lake baptisms or do they have a pool?

Edited by PurplePhase - Dec 10 2013 at 6:03pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

lol they thought i was children of the corn in confirmation class...

yes girl! MY little hand stayed raised. LOL  Sunday school teacher called herself telling my daddy on me for interrupting her with so many questions in class. I was @8.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 6:09pm
lol they tried to tell my mom (they dare not even attempt to approach my dad with any such foolishness) on me as well...talkin bout i was asking too many questions.  she looked at them like they had sprouted horns and asked them was she supposed to be upset that i was thinking critically and (most importantly) for myself...and she told them if they couldn't handle a 12 year olds questions, they had bigger things to worry about...ha!

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Dec 10 2013 at 6:10pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 6:10pm
If I ever had to do a Sunday School class I would put TC and Purp in the "special group" and have them doing secret projectsLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 6:12pm
i also remember saying...well if i am going to be expected to tithe now (we got our own personalized envelopes after confirmation was completed) i wanted to know a little bit more about how the money was being spent...lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic