Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

non believers who come from religious families

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:14pm
Random... you weren't like this at the start of my BHM career here...
you turned the corner?
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:21pm
Oodles there are others as well.  While you're here you had a thread in AR a while back about struggling with religious dismissal of your real problems by family members.  How did it work out?  Did you find a way to get better clarity on the everyday issues that can't be solved by being told "have faith?" 

I often feel like this is the most stressful part of non-theism.  Leaving the matrix but loving the people who are still in it and dealing with them w/o the 3D glasses.   
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:21pm
It seems everyone is turning to agnostic or atheist. I just hope due to a lot of deep thought and research and studying.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

It seems everyone is turning to agnostic or atheist. I just hope due to a lot of deep thought and research and studying.

Okay lets not get carried away LOL.

We will continue to be the minority for long while.  And the Muslim world is HUGE and will ultimately dwarf Christianity in the end.  Even if every single Mexican came to the US christianity would still not outpace Islam.       
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Oodles there are others as well.  While you're here you had a thread in AR a while back about struggling with religious dismissal of your real problems by family members.  How did it work out?  Did you find a way to get better clarity on the everyday issues that can't be solved by being told "have faith?" 

I often feel like this is the most stressful part of non-theism.  Leaving the matrix but loving the people who are still in it and dealing with them w/o the 3D glasses.   

Hey KFoxx,

Well, I just let it go... essentially it was my moms best attempt at trying to give me an answer to a situation that she herself has never really encountered.. She tried her best so I just accepted it.

I was just a little frustrated because I needed a better plan of action that could eventually lead to some sort of sensible solution, right? I can't really rely on the safety net of "abstract faith".Its just an empty comment.. On top of that my mom can be a little too "faith" driven.. I don't want her to lose her faith cause she has come to rely on it, but I just want her to be more strategic and realistic about her own circumstances also...

so, I was not only frustrated about not having a plan of attack for my situation... I was a little aggy with my mom for just being to complacent to rely on faith with her situation aswell... basically I just want her to be a little more proactive about putting her self in a better situation. 

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:46pm

I thought it wasn't a big deal when I first told my mother, but lately she has been a bit emotional about my lack of belief in her god. Really, I don't say much about it. I don't know if my family knows, unless she has told them.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:59pm
Oodles you just described my frustration with religion in the context of racism.  It absolutely helped early on but as an overall tool it has literally become a handicap.  Turn the other cheek, trust in him or hope one day we will be delivered strategies will never tackle this beast, only make us more complacent. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:03pm
@ Tok she probably thought it was a "phase".  Its just hitting her now that you really left the flockCry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

Okay lets not get carried away LOL.

We will continue to be the minority for long while.  And the Muslim world is HUGE and will ultimately dwarf Christianity in the end.  Even if every single Mexican came to the US christianity would still not outpace Islam.       

I meant on this board somewhatLOL, you are thinking too holistic.LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:47pm
Learning about African philosophy and ma'at as a way of live instead of theistic ideology in which it was intended for. I'm more of atheistic spiritual person.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>