Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - non believers who come from religious families
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

non believers who come from religious families

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 10 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 104776
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Yeah I listen to the Atheist Experience podcast every sunday night when I workout. The weeks when Matt and Tracie are the hosts are must-listens since they are constantly ethering the callers.


First time seeing anything about this podcast.  I hate being forced to be blunt on this subject but in the case of my mom I did hit her with a truth bomb about heaven/hell.   She was so sure her argument was solid but once I saidt neither existed from my perspective she got mad and started yelling.  She is genuinely funny as hell when she's cursing so after I finished crying I just changed the subject. 

I try so hard not to be dismissive but after a while I feel stupid talking about things that I don't believe exist in the first place.  I've said before its like debating who would win in a fight between fictional characters.  You can talk about the skills and abilities and how they stack up to each other, who has what weapons and how those weapons compare etc but you're basically putting time and energy into arguing for/against something that's not even realLOL


Do you still talk to her about it?

And I feel you on the fictional character vs fictional character argument. I see it all the time since I post on a forum where they constantly debate who would win. Goku vs Superman got almost everyone heated, arguing like this was real life and actually meant anythingLOL


Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

Listening to the second vid and the caller is an idiot, love the woman she makes a great points



Yeah, Tracie stays ethering people. She's my 2nd fav host after Matt.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 09 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7133
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Yeah I listen to the Atheist Experience podcast every sunday night when I workout. The weeks when Matt and Tracie are the hosts are must-listens since they are constantly ethering the callers.


First time seeing anything about this podcast.  I hate being forced to be blunt on this subject but in the case of my mom I did hit her with a truth bomb about heaven/hell.   She was so sure her argument was solid but once I saidt neither existed from my perspective she got mad and started yelling.  She is genuinely funny as hell when she's cursing so after I finished crying I just changed the subject. 

I try so hard not to be dismissive but after a while I feel stupid talking about things that I don't believe exist in the first place.  I've said before its like debating who would win in a fight between fictional characters.  You can talk about the skills and abilities and how they stack up to each other, who has what weapons and how those weapons compare etc but you're basically putting time and energy into arguing for/against something that's not even realLOL


Do you still talk to her about it?

And I feel you on the fictional character vs fictional character argument. I see it all the time since I post on a forum where they constantly debate who would win. Goku vs Superman got almost everyone heated, arguing like this was real life and actually meant anythingLOL


Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

Listening to the second vid and the caller is an idiot, love the woman she makes a great points



Yeah, Tracie stays ethering people. She's my 2nd fav host after Matt.
 
BBpants threaten to kill me via FB for wanting her vegeta doll. She don't even call Goku, Son Goku, but Lord Goku, the great and powerful Saiyan God. LOL
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 101741
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 12:41pm
Exactly RT!   They be ready to pop a cap over that sh*t and you're sitting there like: Are they fckn serious?  Its not real dudeLOL.

We don't discuss it much but once in a while she will preface something with "well I know you don't believe, but I believe that God will blah, blah, blah.....".  I ignore the preface and respond to anything factual I can find in her statement.  If there are no facts I just say "Okay, momma, now you just saying anything to keep the argument going".   My mom is a sh*t-starter so basically anything is worth saying to get a reaction because she hates when I won't argue with her if she already knows I disagree.

One of her arguments was I got this way from being around so many white people.   I told her that if there were a devil, he would be very pleased with them right now because they evil incarnate.  She was like "oh"LOL.     


Edited by kfoxx1998 - Dec 10 2013 at 12:42pm
Back to Top
patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 09 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7133
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 12:47pm
I finished the second one and that caller was a piece of shyt!!! His views on women are low and I bet he has a racist view as well, they are usually close in hand. Also, he is too big of a walking contradiction.
Back to Top
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 179961
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:15pm
*disclaimer*
nonbeliever turned believer 


in my nonbelieving days, i was bitter and unhappy and refused to go to church. that was my obvious coming out. after a certain age, they stopped making me go


my family knew i'd come to when the time was right
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 175960
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:29pm
i'm not an atheist but i'm not a christian either.  I don't talk deep about what I truly believe with 99.9% of my family ever.  I fly under the radar.  When it comes to praying and church.  I'll go if i'm asked out of respect for my gramma.  When prayer times comes I meditate on whatever the subject matter is.
 
I don't get into these arguments because my mom swears up and down that this is what helped her with her addiction...so I let her have it and be thankful that she is where she is right now.  If this is what my gramma needs to believe so she can make it thru the day...I let her have it. 
 
I also don't get into historical arguments either.  They don't care nothing about where it originated or nothing like that.  It ain't worth it.  When or if it comes up I do not participate.  Period.  I just give non-committal grunts if they need to hear noise from me.
Back to Top
patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 09 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7133
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

i'm not an atheist but i'm not a christian either.  I don't talk deep about what I truly believe with 99.9% of my family ever.  I fly under the radar.  When it comes to praying and church.  I'll go if i'm asked out of respect for my gramma.  When prayer times comes I meditate on whatever the subject matter is.
 
I don't get into these arguments because my mom swears up and down that this is what helped her with her addiction...so I let her have it and be thankful that she is where she is right now.  If this is what my gramma needs to believe so she can make it thru the day...I let her have it. 
 
I also don't get into historical arguments either.  They don't care nothing about where it originated or nothing like that.  It ain't worth it.  When or if it comes up I do not participate.  Period.  I just give non-committal grunts if they need to hear noise from me.
 
Yeah, that's what I do and I feel you on it. Life is strange we give up so much into things we don't believe in to make it through the day, week, month and year.
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 175960
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:48pm
That second caller was contradicting himself left, right and center.  Piece of sh*t ass nig.guh said that the child being raped basically had it coming. foh.
Back to Top
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 18 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 10163
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 2:03pm
Believer who questions certain things ....
Back to Top
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 21 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 37431
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 2:32pm
I'm an agnostic Jew. My mother doesn't say anything about it but her feeling are hurt, she buys me Judaica and suggests i go to Temple. My sisters were bother raised as Christians, (one is my mothers daughter the other is my fathers) one of them is a minister and has hopes that i find my faith, and if someday it is Christ she'd be glad. The other, always wants to pray with me, or wants me to pray, and has plans of sending me a bible. My grandmother suggests i pray as well. I ignore them, because i don't care how they feel about my lack of faith. If my mother says a prayer in front of me, i say Amen, because it's respectful. My daughter goes to a Catholic school (her father is a Catholic), and i teach her certain prayers in Hebrew, i want her to choose what she believes on her own.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down