BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nobody else will want me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:02pm
Herpes is the least of her worries, stay out of it aint nothin you can say to seperate a fool from a part time losers penis....

Edited by Bored w/Out Me? - Oct 30 2013 at 11:03pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:07pm
with medication, aren't outbreaks kinda rare?  i mean, herpes is manageable.  it does suck to have that cloud hanging over you, but it's better than diabetes or hiv right?  it won't kill you.  odds are, the next guy she dates probably has it too.  HPV and Herpes are probably all over this board.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I'm wondering if delivering her baby by C-section would prevent the child from contracting the disease? But then again I'm assuming that the danger is coming through the birth canal when the mother's blood could contaminate him? In any case, it can't be easy to have herpes in the dating world. I'm sure it's not insurmountable and that plenty of folks have positive stories in that regard, but I can understand the fear.

The virus is not passed in blood.  It can be passed to the child if sores are present in the genital area while giving birth.  It is contact with the sores that causes infection.  If there is an active outbreak, the child will be delivered by C-section.  Some docs prescribe meds before birth to reduce the risk.

Edited by TexturizedDiva - Oct 30 2013 at 11:08pm
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:29pm
Yup. That's why people with herpes can donate blood.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Is she still sleeping with him?

i assume she is. they live together.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 12:13am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Is she still sleeping with him?

i assume she is. they live together.

I hope he doesn't bring anything else home but good luck to her.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 12:40am
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I'm wondering if delivering her baby by C-section would prevent the child from contracting the disease? But then again I'm assuming that the danger is coming through the birth canal when the mother's blood could contaminate him? In any case, it can't be easy to have herpes in the dating world. I'm sure it's not insurmountable and that plenty of folks have positive stories in that regard, but I can understand the fear.

The virus is not passed in blood.  It can be passed to the child if sores are present in the genital area while giving birth.  It is contact with the sores that causes infection.  If there is an active outbreak, the child will be delivered by C-section.  Some docs prescribe meds before birth to reduce the risk.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. If I were in that position, I'd deliver through a C-section to eliminate the risk altogether.
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 1:26am
Herpes is not a routinely tested STD because almost 80% of the population has it. Many people don't have outbreaks and never know they have it so it is possible her boyfriend didn't know. People who have herpes don't always have to take medication for it, it just depends on the number and severity of the outbreaks. Just like HPV herpes is not the end of the world because it can live dormant in your body and you can possibly never have an outbreak. She doesn't have to go date someone else with herpes because 80% of the population has It and its a few that actually have an outbreak. Many are misinformed about STDs in general so please tell her its not that serious. Just like chicken pox most people get that outbreak 1 time and sometimes they get shingles later (chicken pox, shingles, cold sores, etc are all forms of herpes). If anyone has ever had a cold sore for example then you had an active outbreak of herpes. If you continuously get cold sores then you can also be prescribed antiviral meds. She was diagnosed with hsv2 which is typically known to have more break outs in the genital area because its passed on through genitalia either in the genitals but it can be in the mouth, but if she had hsv1 its normally in the oral area and could have come from oral sex, stress, or illness any she would probably not have another break out, but Iit can be in the genital area also. Sorry for all the information but pass this to your friend, I see people with a history of hsv all the time, so it's not uncommon and not that bad (which is why its not a routine test, just live hpv. Doctors will put you on meds normally the last 3 months of pregnancy to prevent an outbreak in the birth canal during a vaginal delivery. Not everyone has an outbreak some do some dont

My Aunt is an OB and I work at her office as a nurse sometimes and have to educate about different stds, cancers, etc. Tell your friend that she can still live a normal life and just like everyone continue to practice safe sex until she in a committed relationship.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 6:03am
Uuuummmm, there are dating sites/support groups for people with herpes and other diseases. 
My friend's brother met his wife at a herpes support group. Herpes sounds like the least of her problems. 
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 6:31am
Herpes is the least of her worries in this situation.
Your friend needs to find her self esteem and get lost from that nothing ass man! I can bet my paycheck that if she will not leave first, he will once this baby gets here. This is one of those situations where your friend will have to get sick and tired of being sick and tired and leave on her own. I am going through something similar and I am thinking of making a thread just to vent..

But just be there for her as much as you can. This will be a hard knock life lesson for her. Its really hard and its draining mentally and emotionally to watch someone you care for and love spiral down.

I feel so bad for her and the baby.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>