FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No such thing as 4c hair or Afro hair no curl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mediagirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mediagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

May I step in?

My mom is 4abc. Some of her hair strands/pattern looks just like the video rubynaturalhairprincess. I know you don't mean harm Veemack but I will say it is very frustrating and offensive to see people say her hair type does not exist, she's not caring for it right and that's why it is not curly/coily.

I will say there have been some good 4c vids posted in here that I had no idea existed and I will recommend to her! Thank you ladies.Embarrassed

I agree. She has been saying stuff like that for some time now and I was going to lose my sh*t when I read it again in this post. But, I thought to myself - my hair is in the best state it has been in a long while. It used to feel crunchy and dry after washing, now it feels soft to the point where I'm happy to finger detangle and I don't use combs (never thought I would see the day - lol). And it doesn't break as much any more. so, I give zero *&%^$#@Es what Zeemack thinks about how looked after my hair is. 

I think it has been explained to her before that when people say it has "no curl", what they mean is it has no consistent curl formation/pattern, which is why people spend 1 hour twirling their hair around their fingers making sure the sections are all doing the same thing so they can get some curl definition. 

And curl definition is not important to some of us. At least not to me anyway. 
Sponsored Links

mediagirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mediagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 4:45am
Originally posted by o0Dreamer0o o0Dreamer0o wrote:

No her hair is not 4c. I have 4c hair and even when its drenching wet my curls are never loose.
It's aggravating when people don't believe 4c hair exist because then you have a hard time finding someone to give you real good hair tips.

I have tried Nikkimae, Kimmaytube (when her hair was short), SimplYounique, and Naptural85 hair tips. Only to find that they don't work on my hair. Why? Because I'm 4c. My hair doesn't hold curls for long, it frizzes easily, and it never! hangs over my face. Only and only if I do a blow out/twist out it may hang over my face for like an hour. Then it slowly frizzes back up till I look like the dang Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. For real!

If you want a real example of 4c hair and what we have to go through when its pretty short look at this video by BlackWomanScholar  "Tackling the twist out on 4c hair" Then you could really see the struggle we go through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEI5F3OvPws&feature=related

quoting to embed the video.

Edited by mediagirl - Oct 03 2012 at 4:47am
mediagirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mediagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Malexandre Malexandre wrote:

A couple woman talking about 4 c hair 
Very nice video 

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 9:02pm
I'm 4ab, but the original video posted just made me go @_@...and not in a good way. Her hair looks like mine when it's wet, but the lengths she's going through to get it is kind of ridiculous to me. I'm all for having a perfect coif, but spending an hour raking a full tub of gel through my hair isn't an option. Plus, since I can't wash my hair daily as it dries my scalp out too much, that would just lead to excessive product build up.

According to the vid, she used 1 teaspoon of eco styler per piece of hair to create her "defined" hair. IMO, spending an hour chasing an elusive curl definition is a bit much. So, she's going through a tub of eco and an hour of time each time she wants defined curls.

I totally get wanting defined curls. I used to chase it when I first started focusing on being natural. Then I realized that my combo hair wasn't going to give me those "perfect curls". I have a zig zag pattern but the bottom half of my hair refuses to behave like the top. So wash 'n go's are a no-no for me. If I want curly definition, I'm going to have to do a braid or twist out.

IMO being natural is about having the healthiest hair possible, not just about getting curls to pop.

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:33am
What the...

You know what I just realized who started this thread

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:34am
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:20am
I know ppl with 4c hair it exists.
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:40pm
That's not 3b hair. I would say if anything 4a. 4c hair DEFINITELY exists. 
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:02pm
That chick in the OP looks 3c/4a. Just because her hair is frizzy does not make it 4c.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

What the...

You know what I just realized who started this thread

that say's it all!

thank you and good nite!

LOL

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 08 2012 at 5:41pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More