FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No such thing as 4c hair or Afro hair no curl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No such thing as 4c hair or Afro hair no curl
    Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 12:25pm
Would like to share this video of a lady showing you how she defines her coils on hair that some would consider 4c. Now because many think that 4c hair does not curl, many of the people left comments that her hair is not 4c but more so 3b/4a. Know this, all afro hair has a curl or coil pattern this is what makes our hair stand up and grow out. Straight hair grows down. Afro hair grows up and out. If you are having problems achieving a wash and go curly style, it is because you are using the wrong techniques or your hair is not hydrated properly.
This video is really helpful for those who believe they cannot achieve a curly style by doing a wash and go. She recommends defining your curl on 90% dry hair. For other tips watch the video.

Edited by Veemack - Sep 28 2012 at 12:27pm
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 3:54pm
A awesome twistout on those who have a problem achieving one, take a look.

Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 9:33pm
I agree that 4c do have curl, and it is possible to define them , but her hair doesn't look 4c . It will be helpful to have a video that show her hair without product or any kind of styling. 
Those are 4C hair  texture: 
http://www.darkerthanbrown.com/2011/08/what-does-4c-hair-look-like.html
http://www.vissastudios.com/street-styles-tira
4B/4C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGrIw7d5Kmw
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 9:49pm
This is not a wash and go if she is using gel and twist out ...
That is how 4C hair look like wash and go :

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com/2011/01/4b4c-natural-hair-care.html

But thanks for the help

BTW I recommend this blog to 4C hair , a lot of helpful information.
rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 10:00pm
Im sorry OP but 4c does exist, im living proofLOL trust me my hair  only looks like that when Im put henna in it.  And darkerthanbrown.com is exactly how my hair looks and behaves like. That blog is my go-to site if im having a hair crisis.

The girl in the vid has a looser curl pattern, almost 4a/4bish. My hair looks like small spring coils up close and shrinkage is about 75%. I dont know about anyone else but I dont have the desire to make my curl pattern seem more defined, in my opinion it already is. Thanks for the vid though in case I may want a looser looking style one day, I'll check it out. 

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by rubynaturalprincess rubynaturalprincess wrote:

Im sorry OP but 4c does exist, im living proofLOL trust me my hair  only looks like that when Im put henna in it.  And darkerthanbrown.com is exactly how my hair looks and behaves like. That blog is my go-to site if im having a hair crisis.

The girl in the vid has a looser curl pattern, almost 4a/4bish. My hair looks like small spring coils up close and shrinkage is about 75%. I dont know about anyone else but I dont have the desire to make my curl pattern seem more defined, in my opinion it already is. Thanks for the vid though in case I may want a looser looking style one day, I'll check it out. 

The lady in the video is 4c not 4a/b what you are seeing is hair that is in good condition and a coil that has been defined by a product. She has stated that she is 4c.  This video is only for those who desire to achieve wash and goes but have not been able to, not all desire all styles. I do not wear a wash and go. I mostly wear twist....If you would like more information her youtube page consist of other 4c women giving styling tips on how they work with their 4c hair......I do not believe 4c hair exist, Afro hair is curly hair. But I do tell people if that believe that to be true for themselves then it will be their truth. This thread is to help those who do not subscribe to 4c hair. All afro hair is curly, there are just degrees of curl patterns. Some require different products and techniques to achieve a wash and go than others. It is about knowing your hair and spending time with getting to know it without extensions or wigs.

Edited by Veemack - Sep 28 2012 at 10:39pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Malexandre Malexandre wrote:

This is not a wash and go if she is using gel and twist out ...
That is how 4C hair look like wash and go :

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com/2011/01/4b4c-natural-hair-care.html

But thanks for the help

BTW I recommend this blog to 4C hair , a lot of helpful information.
The first video is her doing a wash and go. You can use product for a wash n go. In this environment it is unwise to not put any type of product in your hair. She did not do a twist out in the first video. That is the second video. I know what a wash n go is. I have 4C hair so I also know the hair type. I rarely use the term unless I need to for clarification. I call Afro hair curly or coily. My hair is tightly coily product is needed such as a gel to freeze the coils into place. Just as one would use hairspray to freeze a style. Your video link does not work.

You are welcome, I am here to help.
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 7:30am
This is an interesting discussion.

IMO, I always thought 4C meant extremely coily strands to the point where it wouldn't clump or "marry" with the strands adjacent to it.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 7:52am

I thought the same thing. Im 4ab and her hair resembles mine. I don't see any 4c at all in her hair.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I thought the same thing. Im 4ab and her hair resembles mine. I don't see any 4c at all in her hair.
The reason people do not see 4c is because they feel that 4c hair does not curl nor coil. What makes a persons hair shrink or go into an Afro? Straight strands cannot go into an Afro without manipulation. I think some feel that if I cannot put conditioner on my hair and just rub it through and get curls then my hair will not curl. The very nature of Afro hair is the shape of the hair follicle at birth, Because of this shape it grows out coily or curly. Now I guess if you are mixed and you got more white genes your hair follicle could be shaped in circle and grow out straight. But I am speaking of black people. Afro hair is coily hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic