Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Spanish, No Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 7:16pm
That's the same thing where I live as well. The official language is French and the majority of jobs require candidates to be bilingual(English/ French) in order to get a good job.

Edited by melly - Jul 14 2013 at 12:18pm
Sponsored Links

morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 7:28pm
I don't see the problem. Spanish is incredibly easy to learn. English is much harder. Suck it up and do what you need to get ahead.
cutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 3:49am
i am a nurse and it's so frustrating to not be able to communicate with spanish speaking patients!  i'm going to re-learn it using Rosetta Stone, just so that i'm not feeling left behind. But they should be the ones learning english.  Nobody was trying to cater to me when i visited a foreign country and couldn't speak the language.  and i was only there for one week.  if you plan to live somewhere, legally or illegally, you should at least speak the common language.  
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:29am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

I don't see the problem. Spanish is incredibly easy to learn. English is much harder. Suck it up and do what you need to get ahead.

Spanish is easy for you not for me and as someone who had to learn English it may be hard but it was necessary for me so why not for them. Again i will say America is the only country where a large population must no learn a new language to appease a large set of immigrants many who are illegal. But i will learn Spanish because i want to be the best candidate i can be but i hate being forced to do something and i don't agree with being told well just because you have too. I also think making jobs just for ppl who are bilingual pushes black Americas out of jobs but okay.
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juniordetective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

Spanish is easy for you not for me and as someone who had to learn English it may be hard but it was necessary for me so why not for them. Again i will say America is the only country where a large population must no learn a new language to appease a large set of immigrants many who are illegal. But i will learn Spanish because i want to be the best candidate i can be but i hate being forced to do something and i don't agree with being told well just because you have too. I also think making jobs just for ppl who are bilingual pushes black Americas out of jobs but okay.

I agree. Where I work we get some Spanish speaking customer and they get upset when I tell them that we don't have any Spanish speaking people in our store. It is a little bit irritating. Especially since I took German for 7.5 years and not Spanish, that language is no use where I live. I can't learn Spanish in a classroom setting, I have to do it on my own or learn from friends and I don't have time for that. I think they should learn English first, because although we don't have an official language, they know that most of the country speaks English. No hate, I love learning about other cultures and languages, but I shouldn't be denied a job because I don't speak a language that people who came here out of nowhere, speak. That's some sh*t. My district manager was doing calls for interviews and he's asking everyone if they can speak Spanish, when my store is located in a mostly White, Indian, and Black market. -____-
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:17pm
That person is going have to learn Spanish or relocate to another city or state.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:31pm
Wasn't the south west of the United States part of Mexico at one time?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:33pm
English has become a necessity in many foreign countries ... why

because they need to be able to communicate with the people spending money

the case with spanish in america is no different

instead of fighting it and having to capitulate anyway, we should learn from it and use some of the same techniques to get our agendas met ... ie population numbers that can't be ignored, collective buying, etc

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by melly melly wrote:

That person is going have to learn Spanish or relocate to another city or state.

or another industry, when dealing with the public/end customers you have to be able to speak to the people buying your services

but for example, there isn't a need to speak spanish in IT

hindi might be helpful but it certainly is not required

morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

I had to learn English, it's not my first language.America is not the only country. Switzerland has four official languages and they teach their kids all four of them in school, unlike this country which enables people to complain and be stupid.  It's not like Hispanics popped up the last few years, smh. I'm sorry I just have little sympathy for people who complain about things. Elementary, middle and high schools have language classes as well as community colleges. There's also a friekin library in every city(which is free). If you wait until you're an adult to learn a foreign language you kind of deserve to be pushed out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic