FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

No Spanish, No Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
sweetskul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetskul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 10:22am
its true and most of the managers at most retails jobs ive worked they were spanish and the spanish ppl do whatever they want because the managers see them as special because they can translate for tourist 
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 1:36pm
Doesn't shock me. Besides being bilingual is a valuable skill, especially if you can speak Spanish.

For that reason, I will be learning Spanish after I master French.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 2:00pm
well, living in S.Florida, she should be understand as to WHY that can be a requirement for some firms.

*shrugs* she may need to move where the jobs are.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 2:18pm
We see this a lot in CA also, bilingual reqs for Spanish, and Mandarin, Cantonese too.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

she need to learn some spanish. it sucks but it is what it is. these days to only speak one language is a big hindrance..

if this don't say it all!Wink

sink or swim

Edited by trudawg - Jul 11 2013 at 2:59pm
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 4:47pm
Lol. My high school Spanish teacher told me that when you go to other countries you better know the lingo because if not, you will have problems. Apparently America is not one of those countries.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 5:44pm
People has to stop complaining because that won't change anything. The Hispanic community is growing. Regardless of what happens with the immigration reform that is currently in debate, illegal immigrants will keep coming to the US. USA can build the biggest walls in the world, those people will dig up a tunnel underneath it and end up in the middle of San Diego or somewhere in Texas.

Anyone living in the US NEEDS to learn Spanish; those Hispanics will take over, and it is estimated that they will be the majority of the population by 2030 if I recall correctly. Some Hispanics are unforgiven when you don't speak their language; I am not American but I am dark skinned and I have gotten plenty of dirty looks from them for not replying in Spanish. I actually can speak Spanish but I like to pretend I don't to see their reaction and 9 out of 10 times they give me a sour look.

If you want to have a job 10 years from now, sign up to Spanish classes, start hanging out with cool Spanish speakers and work on those skills. Think like that: why would anyone hire a person whom has skills and speaks one language when they can hire someone whom has the SAME skills and speaks TWO languages?
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 5:50pm
I've taken spanish for 5 years, including spanish for healthcare professionals. I still can't hold a convo in spanish. At least I speak kreyol...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 6:02pm
She should have kept her old job.

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

People has to stop complaining because that won't change anything. The Hispanic community is growing. Regardless of what happens with the immigration reform that is currently in debate, illegal immigrants will keep coming to the US. USA can build the biggest walls in the world, those people will dig up a tunnel underneath it and end up in the middle of San Diego or somewhere in Texas.

Anyone living in the US NEEDS to learn Spanish; those Hispanics will take over, and it is estimated that they will be the majority of the population by 2030 if I recall correctly. Some Hispanics are unforgiven when you don't speak their language; I am not American but I am dark skinned and I have gotten plenty of dirty looks from them for not replying in Spanish. I actually can speak Spanish but I like to pretend I don't to see their reaction and 9 out of 10 times they give me a sour look.

If you want to have a job 10 years from now, sign up to Spanish classes, start hanging out with cool Spanish speakers and work on those skills. Think like that: why would anyone hire a person whom has skills and speaks one language when they can hire someone whom has the SAME skills and speaks TWO languages?

Great advice.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>