Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Kayday23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2004 at 8:35am

Originally posted by michiganlady1 michiganlady1 wrote:

How long have you been doing your hair like this KayDay? Has it strengthened your hair? Has it grown a lot?

I haven't been doing it that long about a few months the main thing I notice is that my hair is softer b/c my hair was really nappy and coarse so I don't have to use a lot of grease and oil like I was doing b4 to "soften" my hair.  Also, I was switching conditioners for a little while to find which one worked and some definitely didn't.  My hair and my scalp are clean everytime too.  My hair definitely has grown I just don't know how much b/c my hair is in twists and I haven't measured and I cut my hair frequently cuz I am weeding out the bad ends.  Just washing my hair more often has helped strengthen it.  Every time I see less and less of my hair in the tub when I wash it.

Sponsored Links

michiganlady1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2004 at 8:53am
Thanks for the info KayDay! I am still thinking about whether I am going to go no shampoo, but it seems as though I am going to go that way (only using shampoo a couple times a month). I am in the same boat as you as far loading up on oils and stuff, but my hair feels so soft and easy to comb through after my conditioner washes. I am going to talk to my stylist before I make my final decision though. 
alliyah4eva2003 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2004 at 12:37am
i condition wash once a week and shampoo wash once a week. my hair feels softer and more moisturized which is funny cause i was always under the misconception that frequent washig drys out the hair when infact, it's the opposite
Donda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2004 at 11:29am
I think skinbeauty mentioned it, but Cream of Nature Shampoo is excelent. It is a shampoo that gives you a conditioner wash result. The bottle says that you don't need another conditioner after using it (yeah its that good ) but every other week I still use a conditioner with it.

Some people may not like it because it doesn't lather well (it has no sulfate in it) and you won't get that striped clean feel. However it does remove buildup and cleans the scalp well.
badkitty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2004 at 12:06pm

I have been using conditioner only washes for about a month now.  My hair was, of course, shampooed at the salon when I had the hair relaxed. 

My hair looks very black and shiny, and the ends do not look as dull and frizzy as they did before.  It's not dirty or itchy, but then again I probably rinse and condition every other day or so.  Good luck!

michiganlady1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2004 at 8:36pm
Thanks badkitty for the info! I am definitely going to try it. My stylist says that it's ok as long as I wash atleast twice a month with shampoo.
Donda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2004 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Ariel Ariel wrote:

Is that "slippery lotion" feel from the shampoo the detangler? When I use Creme of Nature, and rinse it out. It feels like I have lotion in my hair, or on my body, as if I didn't rinse it well. Is that just the detangler?

I believe it is, but if you don't want to much of it left on your hair use a warm water temp. It still will not feel striped clean, but it wont have as much of the lotion feel.
Gigglez5684 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2004 at 4:48pm
If you are considering the No shampoo method then a way that you could really do this method with no shampooing is to use a clarifying conditioner for your "washes" sometimes.  An excellent one that I use is VO5 Kiwi &Lime Squeeze herbal clarifying conditioner.  This conditioner is exellent for condition washes, It leaves the hair really soft but feeling clean. I strongly resommend it!
Faraa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 11:44am
Originally posted by alliyah4eva2003 alliyah4eva2003 wrote:

i condition wash once a week and shampoo wash once a week. my hair feels softer and more moisturized which is funny cause i was always under the misconception that frequent washig drys out the hair when infact, it's the opposite
Let the church say AMEN!!!  You gotta wash your hair at least once a week.  Water is the best moisture, inside AND out.
BchBlondeHoni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 12:04pm

I hear that...there is so much junk in the atmosphere...car exhaust, acid rain, dust etc..I don't see how you can go without shampooing your hair...  Most people do two shampoo rinses and then finish up with conditioner and them rinse that out and then add a leave in conditioner to their hair.  Why not just shampoo once and condition longer...you have to shampoo.  You just have to.

Well for all that this method of not shampooing and just conditioning works for... that's great..

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic