FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

no progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:01pm
I was doing some research on all the info I got in here. I have low porosity hair.
My hair never soaks up the water. I can actually see the water on my hair. That is why my hair is always dry and no deep conditioner works for me.
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:45pm
Then it sounds like you should focus on sealing in moisture, the LOC method might be a way to go if you're not using it already.

creams and oils don't moisturize but seal in. So, even if you just use water as the "moisturizer", immediately follow up with an oil or shea butter to seal in the moisture. Also definitely consider GHE'ing. When I first started doing it, I had really dry brittle hair that would only be "moist" the first two days after washing (note I only wash my hair 2x a month) or when I did fresh twist outs because I always wet my hair to do twists. So for the first week, I GHE'd every night and noticed a dramatic difference. Now I can do every other night when rocking my hair in its natural texture and it works.

Give it a try! :) 
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:57pm
I don't think moisture is getting in my hair at all, before I worry about sealing it in.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:10pm
Low porosity? Shampoo using a product with a higher pH to open your cuticles. Then use a DC, add some honey and oils to it if for more kick then use heat or steam. Steam would be best. You can do an ACV rinse after you have thoroughly deep conditioned your hair. I'd DC over night for the first few times especially, to get your moisture levels up.

Find a daily moisturizer with emollients and humectants to help moisture bind to your hair.

I suggest researching Henna and Cassia to help moisture bind to your hair better as well.

Edited by Derri - Feb 03 2013 at 10:23am
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:33pm
If your hair can get wet, then it can be moisturized. It really is just a matter of sealing it in. There are not that many things that can penetrate the hair strand...water, coconut oil, hydrolyzed proteins, and henna are pretty much it (check out The Natural Haven Bloom blog for the details). You should look for conditioners with those types of ingredients. Conditioning with heat (at the very least body heat) will probably help as well. You said you use a handheld dryer to condition...that may be drying out your hair if you're just holding it directly on the hair...better to use that with a cap.

After you condition, you may benefit from applying your leave-ins/moisturizers and oils on wet hair instead of damp. That way your hair has as much water as possible and your products are just their to seal it in.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:58pm
*femme says in her wise old lady voice*

i always get the low/high porosity thing mixed up.

But OP, it sounds like you and i are about the same.  5 years for me, and i'm just now hitting CBL.  If

your hair can't hold moisture?  what's been a huge help for me is baggying every night.  Specifically due to where i live.  If i didn't baggy?  my hair would not retain the moisturizer/sealant that i put on it every day.

i also have fine 4b/c hair. and from what i gathered some other ladies who have chimed in with this same hair type with the same problems,  it's very fragile. 

Look at it wrong, and it breaks off, reverts, shrivels up, turns on you, turns on me, turns on the forum - every body. 

Now don't trying everything at once, hon.. i think you're making progress.. but just not the same progress as some of these fast little "whipper/snappers" on this forum.

Especially those long-haired members.. Now THEY have some heads of hair.  Look at 'em - showing off in their avi's.. they've given some wise words.  Listen to them - some of them are  the "old heads" of the forum..

don't give up.

these are a lot of great suggestions here.

trial and error. and most of all? stay away from these fast little "whipper/snapper" progress pics.  You'll get discouraged..

happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:21pm
Thanks so much ladies. I am gonna use these tips and report back after a few days to see how wit goes.
happy 4b View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 9:39pm
Update:
I have been baggying this week and my hair definitely feels more moisturized.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 10:54pm
^Glad to hear you making progress, 4b !
You know what they say...
"It's one step at a time... Like learning to fly" - in a singsong voice.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by happy 4b happy 4b wrote:

Update:
I have been baggying this week and my hair definitely feels more moisturized.

go 'on girl, do your thing, now!LOL..

Glad to hear something worked for you!Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures