Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Lye Relaxers and Calcium
    Posted: Feb 07 2006 at 2:58pm
If your hair looks dull, why not shampoo with a chelating shampoo such as Nexxus Aloe Rid, Ion Hard Water shampoo, Quantum Clarifying shampoo, Kenra Clarifying shampoo, Malibu 3000 or 2000 shampo treatment (if you can find it)?  Maybe that will help remove the calcium deposit in your hair?  Just a thought.
Sponsored Links

MsHairdo2006 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2006 at 5:00pm
Good response with the chelating and clarifying shampoo. Those will definetly remove the residue. But there is no harm in switching to Lye just shinier hair
gomez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2006 at 11:23am
 I'm curious about this too, but I've heard that switching between lye and no-lye causes damage. BTW, re-relaxing the hair from root to tip with a lye relaxer sounds risky. I mean isn't that a chemical conflict?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2006 at 5:55pm

Originally posted by gomez gomez wrote:

I'm curious about this too, but I've heard that switching between lye and no-lye causes damage. BTW, re-relaxing the hair from root to tip with a lye relaxer sounds risky. I mean isn't that a chemical conflict?

She might make her hair weaker by doing that.  If she wants to make the switch, she should only apply the relaxer on the new growth. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2006 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Anastacia Anastacia wrote:

I clarify my hair quite often. My hair isn't dull or unhealthy but I hear so many people say that no lye is unhealthy for the hair it gets to me sometimes. I think Im just gonna ignore the bad comments about no lye relaxers from now on because switching might just cause unnecessary damage. BTW, what's a chelating shampoo, is it similar to a clarifying shampoo? I've never heard of it before. Thanx

It's basically the same thing as a clarifying shampoo but it will specifically say chelating shampoo because it helps remove the calcium deposits, other minerals, cholrine, and all that junk from your hair.  But just look for something that will help remove the deposits.  If your hair is doingf fine with the lye, why switch?  I have read that some people don't like lye relaxers because it is so drying to their hair.  So if I was you I would keep doing what you are doing unless you really want to make the switch.

lovelee_libra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2006 at 1:25pm
The thing about no-lye and calcium is true.  I just left a spa and one of the hairdressers there started talking to me about my hair and he kept squeezing it.  He said no-lye leaves calcium build-up and makes hair feel like yarn.  He said for now on I should only use lye relaxers.
bonne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2006 at 4:22pm

I messed up w/ my hair with lyes and no lyes for some months lat year.I used mizani lye and Ididn't like it much , so I went back to my dark and lovely.After a lot of good things I hear from here about lye relaxers I decided to switch to them.I used REVLON REALISTIC lye , I did a corrective ( I put it all over my hair), my hair had never felt and look soo much better  I am going to stick w/it, in fact it's the only relaxer I will use in my hair this year, may next as well it will depend on result .

rosannah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2006 at 6:12pm

i think if its not broke then dont fix it yes no lye leave calcium deposits but that doesnt necessarily mean ur hair is dull n brittle there are a lot of ladies who use no lye n have great hair u can find perfect examples of those women on the lhcf forum, lye is good but is not for everybody i used lye for a while but it did nothing for my hair now i use optimum no lye which comes with a decalcifying shampoo which removes the deposits n my hair is perfectly fine

If u wanna switch to lye Anastacia then by all means do so but sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side good luck

rosannah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2006 at 6:25pm
 Good going Anastacia i use no lye too n because of everyone going on about lye i decided to change a while back but it was a total disaster my hair absolutely refused to get so much as a texturiser from the super strength no lye was absolutely fine n got my hair straightened really well so i decided to go back to it. Girl if ur hair is healthy then rest assured u r doing fine by it!!
2bBsL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2006 at 9:38pm

i use only lye and dont notice any build up. ive never clarifyed and i stil dont notice any build up. i sort of think its a rumor.

and i officially dispise dark and lovely. but like the other ladies said, if it aint broke why fix it!

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic