Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedNo/Low-Manipulation is the WAY to go!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: No/Low-Manipulation is the WAY to go!
    Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 5:48pm

Whoever said "Less is more" sure did know what they were talking about!

I know there are a lot more, but here are 3 women who have a no/manipulation regimen and have super de dooper long hair:

He natural hair and that bun of hers makes me drool.

Now SHE has has beautiful hair. I envy her buns also!

And look at Omega! I was sad when she came on the thread a while ago and told us of her situation with those raggedy scissors which made her cut her hair to BSL. Now she's already waistlength!

So I've deleted a lot of this from my regimen and now it is only"
*wash and deep condition weekly
*moisturize daily
*drink water and take vitamins

That's it!  (If I baggy can I leave it on for a week. Do I have to switch the baggies up?)

I'm thinking about purchasing some Avocado and Shea Butter. And I few other natural products.

I want to hear from you ladies that have no/low manipulation regimens. Please share!Clap
Sponsored Links

n_vizion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 6:59pm
I completely agree, the more you can leave your hair alone, the better it will respond.
loolalooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 7:36pm
I know right!  I just started a no/low manipulation regimen because I've seen so many success stories.  So many positives - growth, retention, and more time to focus on things other than hair.
Tangie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:41pm
To your question about baggying, you have to let your hair breathe at least a little while per day or else you will over moisturize and be left with mushy ends.

But everything else sounds awesome!
cookingirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 8:57pm
I'm as low manipulation as they get.  I never comb my hair.  I use my fingers when I wash it.  I use no chemicals on my hair i.e perms or permanent coloring.  I use henna and indigo to color and I use Amla to condition and cassaia obvata.  I do have some products in my cupboard, like Aveda, mineral oil, some Carol's daughter products.  I do use Beyond the Zone noodle head to maintain  my curls along with Paul Mitchell super sculpt.  I wash my hair with shikaikai powder/aritha powder/amla powder mix.  I baggy my hair at night and pull it down in the morning and shake it into place and go.  I might have to adjust a curl or two but no combing.   I also co wash once in a while.  I do take vitamins.  I drink Fiji water and lots of it.  I've had some major growth since doing this and coming to this forum.  Two years ago I had a broke off sad looking jacked up head of limp, very upset curls.  I don't even like to flat iron my hair but I like it straight once in a while for a treat so I have to go there sometimes.  Even then I do not comb it.  Just wrap at night and put a little Aveda on it  Less is better!
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 9:04pm
 yup yup yup!!!

i started to be lower manipulation
 (infact, i'll be in protective styles all year)

and i think it's helping so far. 

and now that i have a job...it's even more convenient to be low manipulation because i dont have all that time to be fussing w/ my hair.

i'm wearing twists and all i do is moisturize/seal them and clip them up to keep the ends protected.   
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2008 at 9:13pm

this is so true!  it goes hand in hand with my regimen (which is basically wearing protective styles). this year i'm planning on flat ironing my hair once this year; protective styles thru-out the remainder of this year; and no combing this year.

emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 5:24am
yep yep ...i so agree girl..myhair has thrived since i just shampoo, dc (with or without protein) once a week..mostly every 5 days.
moisturise daily or sometimes even every other day.
drink water and multivit (i forget it many times)
baggy just depends on my mood and ive used claudie's elixir twice a week but ive had a break and didnt even use it 1 or 2 months and my hair thrived still.
my hair doesnt like being manipulated and it works out fine if i just listen to it.
wonderstar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 8:22am
I'm an advocate for "Keeping it Simple"!
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2008 at 8:32am
I never thought my natural hair would be as simple as it is since my life practically revolved around my hair when I was transitioning.  At night I moisturize and seal with mango butter and EVOO then I twist it in small sections (my hair is SL stretched right now) and baggy.  In the morning I only have to fluff and go.  There are no mats or tangles and if there are  just finger comb.  If my hair feels dry throughout the day I spritz with a glycerin/water mix.  Maybe my hair would stay moisturized with the glycerin longer if I used EVOO over it?  I'll try that and see what happens but I'm really not doing much to my hair at all and I can't wait to see what happens a few months down the road.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic