BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

No Gifts, Just Give Money

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Yes Monetary gifts please. I ain't got time for folks that don't follow the registry. Did I ask for a bath bucket, spoons, or plates that have our pictures on them.(Its a Nigerian thing).

Just bring your flying Saucer head tie and a purse full of cash and lets partttttayyyy.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Im gonna start a movement and have money spraying adopted as part of Jamaican culture Big smileBig smileBig smile hopefully it'll replace soca/carnival
Now u knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww dat naw go happen
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 1:38pm
how was it worded?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 2:24pm
yes and here's $20 have a nice day.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 2:29pm
I would not put this on an Invitation, but if I'm asked what I want as a gift, I will ask for a Gift Certificate.
When I have to give a Gift, I usually give cash. I prefer people to buy what they need/want rather than I buy something that will be given away, thrown away, or not used. That is wasting my hard earned money
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 4:26pm
Its tacky to ask for it but it's better than useless gifts like ugly plates

Edited by miana79 - Apr 16 2014 at 4:26pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:43pm
Have the party that you can afford with no anticipation on gifts or dont have the party at all. It is offensive. It's always the most ungrateful, tight wadded person that you know throwing a big sit down gala and getting pissed that the guests didnt give generously enough to cover costs for the venue, food, band, hair, nails and evening gown/tux. They may as well sell tix in advance and get their money upfront.

I always cover my plate plus extra for a sit down meal per plate affair and I decline the rsvp without hesitation if it is someone hosting an event just for gifts.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Have the party that you can afford with no anticipation on gifts or dont have the party at all. It is offensive. It's always the most ungrateful, tight wadded person that you know throwing a big sit down gala and getting pissed that the guests didnt give generously enough to cover costs for the venue, food, band, hair, nails and evening gown/tux. They may as well sell tix in advance and get their money upfront.

I always cover my plate plus extra for a sit down meal per plate affair and I decline the rsvp without hesitation if it is someone hosting an event just for gifts.

LOL  I don't like that too much either (I know you're joking). I was invited to one of those type birthday parties not to long ago. $75 tickets per person. I just wrote them a check for the amount and sent our regrets.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 16 2014 at 11:53pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:57pm
I know a birthday is an event just like a wedding or baby shower, but it just seems tacky as hell to me to ask for money for your birthday.

I don't mind it for weddings/baby showers etc cuz I'd rather get someone something useful than something they're gonna return or re-gift anyway.

I don't think I'd have the balls to say something like that tho.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:49am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

LOL  I don't like that too much either (I know you're joking). I was invited to one of those type birthday parties not to long ago. $75 tickets per person. I just wrote them a check for the amount and sent our regrets.

LOLYes, my friend recently told me that her niece was hosting her own 'Red carpet 40th birthday party' and the tix were $50. I smiled, then I laughed like 'shyttttt', then I sweetly said 'have fun at the party'Tongue.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:33am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

ever received an invite like this?

*no I would not do this tacky sh*t
yes. everyone knew the situation before hand and didnt care. everyone chipped in, it was nice. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic