Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

No Gifts, Just Give Money

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:27am
yes and it was for a wedding, I just bought a card that holds cash and said eff it.
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:32am
yes...and I didn't go. because me and the person wasn't cool like that. It was an associate not a friend
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

that is why they are saying no gifts afro, they don't need things

but if people want to give, they can give cash

i guess its cool for younger couples just starting out

but niccas like me? naaah im way too grown

tbh id prefer to donate cash to be honest, people tend to put sh*t they cant afford or wouldnt buy for themselves on registries

ive seen some with bed, linen bathrobes etc .. i side eyed the hell out of that sh*t
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

I think in this day and age, people would prefer cash as a gift.  It is not what you say sometimes but how you say it.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

SL why do i remember you making a thread like this before? One in which glamrock was against the whole thing, i believe? It was re: weddings and i remember one funny story where the couple had champagne demands and ginger ale pockets. Clearly I've been here too long?Embarrassed

Ive never received an invite like that. But it is commonplace at weddings/baby showers to see an insert from the bank or building society with account info etc etc. in the invitation OR via text msg (baby shower) and it makes sense to me esp with the jacked up prices out here. Let's say they register for crocker which costs $300 USD if it were bought in the states it would be $100-$175 USD better i give them that $300 and it pay for a month's rent or car loan payment/towards kid's college fund.

i may have been against it as well..

sh*t i can recall being against the whilst registry thing all together

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:42am
Yes Monetary gifts please. I ain't got time for folks that don't follow the registry. Did I ask for a bath bucket, spoons, or plates that have our pictures on them.(Its a Nigerian thing).

Just bring your flying Saucer head tie and a purse full of cash and lets partttttayyyy.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:48am
I'm not interested in gifts for my babies I'd rather buy my own stuff. The person who is throwing my shower created a registry for me because I wasn't feeling it.. lol
I don't really want people's money either I just want their love and support to be honest. What ever I do receive, I will graciously accept of course.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:49am

For weddings, gifts are for those moving in together for the first time/first time homebuyers and starting a life together. If they're old or if they were together for years & just shacking up there is no need for any household gifts or whatever. Monetary gifts only

Birthdays asking for money is tacky

Baby showers, asking for money is not necessarily tacky but if you ask for money & have no registries I'm not going. Especially if this is not your first child, that's extremely classless & ghetto.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:59am
RAAATID!!! TooBlessed where have you been?!

SL talks a whole lot about weddings! Im trying to find the thread and it pages and pages and pages of weddings. lol

Birthday party = me showing up with my two long hands, my long gut to eat and drink you out of house land and home. I hate when it's a birthday party and you have to buy liquor/food and ninjas cut the cake up in domino like slices! If a party isnt free food and juice why am I wasting my time? dont let me see bony curried goat and white rice either!

Ive never heard or seen of a money only bday invite, i would side eye and judge the person so badly RUDE! Better you ask me to donate to a charity/cause.

Afro IA with the registry having items the couple/parents WOULD NEVER buy. I've gone to stores seen the items/prices laughed my way to the car! People have some nerve boy. Then you turn up at the event and there is noot one person in attendance who could have afforded those items *hiss teeth*

IF i were to get married now, I'd appreciate a mixture of cash and gifts from my registry but mainly gifts
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Yes Monetary gifts please. I ain't got time for folks that don't follow the registry. Did I ask for a bath bucket, spoons, or plates that have our pictures on them.(Its a Nigerian thing).

Just bring your flying Saucer head tie and a purse full of cash and lets partttttayyyy.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Im gonna start a movement and have money spraying adopted as part of Jamaican culture Big smileBig smileBig smile hopefully it'll replace soca/carnival. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic