Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

No Gifts, Just Give Money

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Yes but it was a ..

" we know some would like to give gifts but please note that we pretty much have what our home needs but fir those that would like to give something or a small donation please do so I cash"

The made 30k and donated 10% to a kids charity

I understood.

The wording was better than what I can remember

*I received an invitation like that. The bastards didnt send a thank you card.

*I do not like invitations like that. I prefer that the person/couple just says 'no gifts, your gift is your attendance' and the people that want to give cash will give cash regardless.

Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Yup....my parents attended the wedding last weekend. 

I live out of state so I asked my mom where they were registered..she said it wasn't listed on the invite. I contact the groom's uncle...he said the same thing. 

they didn't out right say that wanted cash...but when you don't register ANYwhere....that's exactly what it implied. LOL

I think it would be better to ask for gift cards only or do like my brother's friend did and have ppl pay for different parts of their honeymoon. 

yep that is normally what no registry means

by the way this is for a birthday party, not a wedding, graduation, or baby shower
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

I think in this day and age, people would prefer cash as a gift.  It is not what you say sometimes but how you say it.
All this.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:18am
I'm all for it with weddings. 
Your presence is the greatest present.. BUT if you just have to give.. give me $$. LOL

My sister is getting married and they do not need anything.
Gift registries are for those that need the items/ starting new etc..

Now for Birthdays.. I think thats tacky.
Even asking for gifts after a certain age is tacky to me when it comes to birthdays.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:22am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Yes but it was a ..

" we know some would like to give gifts but please note that we pretty much have what our home needs but fir those that would like to give something or a small donation please do so I cash"

The made 30k and donated 10% to a kids charity

I understood.

The wording was better than what I can remember

*I received an invitation like that. The bastards didnt send a thank you card.

*I do not like invitations like that. I prefer that the person/couple just says 'no gifts, your gift is your attendance' and the people that want to give cash will give cash regardless.

Yes, most people will give when you say it like that.

I also think some people want cash because most people really don't know what "cover your plate" means nor they very intend on doing with a gift equivalent to it. People love coming to events uninvited. My cousin came to my mother's 60th bday party with a PLUS !in SEVEN.!!!!! Other family member brought people I didnt even know I was related to.... We ran out of food. It was a catered event that was NOT buffet. 

Sorry for the rant....that ish was 2 years ago and it still makes me hot. 
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:24am
SL why do i remember you making a thread like this before? One in which glamrock was against the whole thing, i believe? It was re: weddings and i remember one funny story where the couple had champagne demands and ginger ale pockets. Clearly I've been here too long?Embarrassed

Ive never received an invite like that. But it is commonplace at weddings/baby showers to see an insert from the bank or building society with account info etc etc. in the invitation OR via text msg (baby shower) and it makes sense to me esp with the jacked up prices out here. Let's say they register for crocker which costs $300 USD if it were bought in the states it would be $100-$175 USD better i give them that $300 and it pay for a month's rent or car loan payment/towards kid's college fund.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

I'm all for it with weddings. 
Your presence is the greatest present.. BUT if you just have to give.. give me $$. LOL

My sister is getting married and they do not need anything.
Gift registries are for those that need the items/ starting new etc..

Now for Birthdays.. I think thats tacky.
Even asking for gifts after a certain age is tacky to me when it comes to birthdays.

I agree...if you working paying bills and ish... there is really no need for gifts from anyone. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:25am

people don't understand the cost and how catered events are run

I had people not show up for my wedding and say they would cover their plate

I really doubt they would have paid what their plates were....come to think of it they never even sent a gift
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:25am
My friend is getting married next month.  Her invite said something along the lines of, "The couple would appreciate monetary gifts".  They aren't even registered anywhere.  So give them money, or nothing at all.  I ain't mad at it.  You already have a home together where the two of you consolidated what you each had on your own--how many toasters do you need?

ETA:  For a birthday party?  Call me what you want to, but I rarely, if ever bring a gift to a party, particularly if it's at a club/restaurant/something.  Maybe it's just me, but after a certain age, I stopped expecting birthday gifts from anyone besides my parents and s/o.

Edited by bigsexylisa - Apr 16 2014 at 11:28am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

SL why do i remember you making a thread like this before? One in which glamrock was against the whole thing, i believe? It was re: weddings and i remember one funny story where the couple had champagne demands and ginger ale pockets. Clearly I've been here too long?Embarrassed

Ive never received an invite like that. But it is commonplace at weddings/baby showers to see an insert from the bank or building society with account info etc etc. in the invitation OR via text msg (baby shower) and it makes sense to me esp with the jacked up prices out here. Let's say they register for crocker which costs $300 USD if it were bought in the states it would be $100-$175 USD better i give them that $300 and it pay for a month's rent or car loan payment/towards kid's college fund.

been on here for almost 10 years, so it is possible I have made this thread and I am sure I have participated in one like this before

I never heard of anyone doing this for a birthday party though
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style