Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No black barbie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

what I am having trouble with is finding kids books with black characters

A Hampton Lady, c/o '95 is the author of this series. The books are also sold in Walmart:
http://brianasneighborhood.com/
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:25pm

we have them but they are hard to find in store

I know I searched recently

I can get more if I order online but I would love a bigger in store selection
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

what I am having trouble with is finding kids books with black characters

A Hampton Lady, c/o '95 is the author of this series. The books are also sold in Walmart:
http://brianasneighborhood.com/

those look so cute!

as a black woman though, I get tired of having to look low and high to find things for black people
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:31pm
We have enough black barbie and kens to make a NAACP meeting. I'd see if you can order some. Shouldn't have to though
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:43pm
there are a lot of black dolls on aliexpress. free shipping from china.
oneluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:30pm
Im 28 and as a kid I had tons of black barbies and dolls. I'm surprised they don't have toys like that there.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by cicision cicision wrote:

Oke  so I am really angry let me tell you guys:
I wanted to make a barbie cake for my niece so I went to the toy store to buy a black barbie
When I asked the store manager if they had a black barbie she looked at me and said oh no i am sorry we do not have those. I was extremly suprised because when I was younger I LOVEEDD BARBIE and even though I am biracial my mum(who is caucasian ) always bought black barbies for me in THAT same store (about ten -twelve years ago ) and now they dont have them anymore , they do not even have the black baby born keep in mind that this is in Amsterdam we have a large group of black people. So I was forced to buy this big headed bratzz doll Jazzmine wich had like a caramel color and was even on saleCry  I wanted to ask you guys do you think this is weird ?  and how is it in America and the rest of Europe can you buy a black barbie and baby born easily ?

was gonna say too bad u couldn;t venture in this direction to start ur own business there for black dolls, etc...i know it would take funding and all but something to think about...hopefully she will enjoy your present..Happy birthday to her...
oneluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:43pm
There are tons of books with black characters.... Tons.  There are even childrens books with mixed race kids... Here are a few of my faves

Sukey and the Mermaid                                                Mixed blessing (great for biracial kids)

Mufaros beautiful daughters                                        How my parents learned to eat 

afrotina and the 3 bears

Addy from the American Girl Series

The Stories Julian Tales

Amazing Grace (series by Mary Hoffman)

Her Stories

I am Mixed (great for biracial kids)

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:45pm
but wait.. 

there are lots of blacks in amsterdam? 

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:51pm
sorry abt that OPHug i dealt with this same raashole thing today!! roll up to the toy store ask for the barbies- i see at least 18 different blonde Barbie and not a bumbocleet Christie in sight!!!!! my country is 90%black! i asked the sales lady: she said barbie is not black shes white wtf am i talking abt? i said yes i get that but where is christie and theresa and kai (the asian one, cant remember her name)? her defence : she (the owner) brings them down if she can get them. phuckery!

i cried real tears in 2012 when i couldnt find a black barbie for my god daughters i had to settle on a chinese and latino one.

Oh yea the barbies of colour have different names changed now, i just dont know them. 

even the soft rag doll types are white babies everything is white with blonde hair the phuckers didnt even have Princess TianaClapClap

ETA its been eons since i've seen STEVEN (Black Kenz)

Edited by Diane (35) - Feb 03 2014 at 4:54pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System