BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

No black barbie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cicision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No black barbie
    Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:10pm
Oke  so I am really angry let me tell you guys:
I wanted to make a barbie cake for my niece so I went to the toy store to buy a black barbie
When I asked the store manager if they had a black barbie she looked at me and said oh no i am sorry we do not have those. I was extremly suprised because when I was younger I LOVEEDD BARBIE and even though I am biracial my mum(who is caucasian ) always bought black barbies for me in THAT same store (about ten -twelve years ago ) and now they dont have them anymore , they do not even have the black baby born keep in mind that this is in Amsterdam we have a large group of black people. So I was forced to buy this big headed bratzz doll Jazzmine wich had like a caramel color and was even on saleCry  I wanted to ask you guys do you think this is weird ?  and how is it in America and the rest of Europe can you buy a black barbie and baby born easily ?
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:14pm
i was gonna say where in the world are you.. but after reading more i guess i get it.. 

you can definitely go buy a black barbie here… in like 4 different shades.. 

that is unfortunate. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:18pm

if you were in the us it would be weird

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:19pm
I can feel you on that.

When I was growing up I had these growing up girls figurines

They went all the way up to 16 and I got one on every birthday. Now that my niece is one, me and my mother were looking for some for her to continue the tradition. Turns out they'd stopped selling the black ones and only had the white ones. My mother was sooo upset. We ended up finding another version of them, but we wanted her to have the ones like me
cicision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

I can feel you on that.

When I was growing up I had these growing up girls figurines

They went all the way up to 16 and I got one on every birthday. Now that my niece is one, me and my mother were looking for some for her to continue the tradition. Turns out they'd stopped selling the black ones and only had the white ones. My mother was sooo upset. We ended up finding another version of them, but we wanted her to have the ones like me

That is so sad , It is really weird how some of these things are going backwards instead of forward because I remember that all of my caucasian friends also had at least one black barbie usually the mel b barbie (from the spice girls) . Is there a black Ken in the US?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:28pm

yes, we have black ken dolls in the us

we have a good number of black dolls
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:29pm

what I am having trouble with is finding kids books with black characters
cicision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cicision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

That is also true !! I have never seen a book with a black character ,maybe we should start a business with black children toys book etc Big smile
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by cicision cicision wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

That is also true !! I have never seen a book with a black character ,maybe we should start a business with black children toys book etc Big smile
maybe try amazon for ideas: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Childrens-African-American-Story/zgbs/books/3095

one of my favs has always been:

Product Details
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:07pm
we have black character books.. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>