BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

NixandNox human hair wigs?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NixandNox human hair wigs?
    Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 5:20pm
Has anyone tried one of the Nix & Nox human hair (supposedly Indian remy) wigs?  I'm eying one and the price is right.  I'm not expecting it to last like a custom virgin FLW but for sure hoping it would outlast a synthie. 

And while I'm at it, I see good reviews of the Nix & Nox synthetics on youtube... if you've tried one of their synthies, how did you feel it compared to other brands?   TIA!

Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 12:21am
hey henna,

i have 2 wigs from Nix and Nox.  It's the Maple.  They didn't have the color i wanted with the Ocean wig.  Both are synthetic, and to be honest? I like the lace on them.  it's hard.

I have another wig from Aplus Ozone. It has a nice hair line, but the lace is very soft, and after several wearings, i'm beginning to see the reason not to buy soft lace wigs.  It starts to curl up at the edges.  At least with the hard lace types, the edges are shaped and will maintain their form a lot longer.

I also thought the synthetics would be shiny, like the FreeTress Fresh hairline wig i had bought.  Nope, it's medium lustre.  I decided to experiment with it, and did a cowash on the Maple,  It looks better after the first wash.

I think the N&N wigs look better the more you wear them? and the lace is the advantage of these wigs.

hopefully, someone with more expertise can chime in with their experience?

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 7:40am
Thanks, Femme!  (love your user name, btw).  I saw your other post about the Maple & Ocean.  I was eying those styles, they are cute and not as 'over the top' as the Olivia looks.  I see your point about the lace texture.  I usually wear human hair FLW's with tape in front, and I like them.  But I need a toss on and go wig for summer activities (camping and stuff) so I'm looking for something easy to apply. 

One question about the Nix&Nox units you have - do you feel there is enoguh hair on top to pull some forward from the lace part of the wig to make a decent side bang, and still have enough to cover the start of the tracks?  That's one thing I would have trouble with possibly, based on the very few synthies I've tried. I like me some bang to cover some of my ol' girl forehead LOL
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 8:25am
you're right..

the Aplus Ozone 012 has exactly what you're talking about.  The ability to  style the hair off the top toward the front.  that one i can pull off with ease.

The Maple? not so much.  I guess they want the hair to "flow" off the face.  But when i tried the style you're after, no, i couldn't maintain it .  I didn't know this was a trend with synthetics. But you're right, even with the N&N.

and yes, i like the look that "pops" with a side face framing. 

yeah, i have the ol' girl forehead, too!!LOL

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 8:36am
Ah, ok.  Thank you - that helps a ton!! 
tuttic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuttic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 11:43am
I bought 6 nix & nox synthetic wigs and I am telling you all I think these are the best syn wigs I have ever bought in my life.  Next to human hair wigs these are the best ones on the market as far as the lace its wonderful.  I never thought I would go back to wearing non human hair wigs til I stumbled upon nix & nox wigs and I found a store close to where I live in waldorf md where I can walk in and see the wigs and order any that I see on line and they will order them and I can pick them up  I just love the synthetic wigs nix & nox have.  I am currently wearing the LA blonde with strawberry blonde at the nape and its beautiful soft they do well with flat ironing I just love them.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic