Forum LockedNightly hair care?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
liss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Jaclynadams Jaclynadams wrote:

Well, I know if I don't tie my hair up at night it would not be healthy. My hair is more fragile and it will break off in a New York minute. That's why I have to tie my hair up at night. But to answer the original question...this is what I do nightly.

1. I spray Surge 14 on my scalp and roots.

2. I comb my hair in a wrap ( a circle).

3. I apply Elasta QP mango butter to my ends.

4. I tie it up with a satin scarf.

* not only does this promote healthy hair for me but my hair comes out shiney and str8 in the morning. If you have trouble with your hair I think it would be a good method for you. and no after 8 years it has not made my hair thin.

I think that is a great routin.  WHat is mango butter, and what does it do?

Sponsored Links

almeyes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 9:26pm
does a satin scarf really make a big difference would a bandana cause breakage?
rouge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 11:30am

At night I braid my hair, or put it up in a bun. I also wear a satin bonnet and scarf. ( Yes, I do wear both to bed. If I sleep with only the bonnet on, then it may come off during the night).

Only1biancab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 12:12pm

I have a satin pillowcase and I also tie my hair up in the satin scarf.  I don't wrap it, but I always tie it up.

Originally posted by almeyes almeyes wrote:

does a satin scarf really make a big difference would a bandana cause breakage?

The main reason for using satin is that it does strip your hair of the natural oils like the sebum that protects the hair.  Bandanas are made of cotton, I think, so it would absord the oil from your hair.  I used to use a bandana to tie my hair up.  It doesn't cause breakage or at least it did not for me.  I did that for at least five years.  It just soaks up the oils.  You can tell by how ragged and dirty the bandana looks after a couple of weeks, especially when you oil your hair. 

Hey but if a bandana is all you have, then use it. 

Jaclynadams View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 7:41pm
Mango butter is a moisturizer that you rub on your hair. It is made by Elasta QP and you can get it at almost any beauty supply store. It's really good at keeping your ends and hairshaft moisturized and it's not too heavy. I would always use a satin scarf because like someone said earlier it helps keep the natural moisture in your hair. Plus bandanas are just to rough for me. The satin wraps I use are the ones with conditioner built inside them (I think they sale those at Sallys for $2.99). They are really good and the conditioner lasts for 2 months (even when you wash them). You can go to the Elasta QP website and request some samples. Just remember to tell them your hairtype.
Tara_Star View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 8:13pm

I used to wear wrap every night, but my hair was flat in morning! i realised i had no wrap foam LOL what a fool i am (im still learning guys!)

Anyway, ive stopped wrapping, i just spray surge on scalp (only sprayng on shorted hairs - edges, nape, back to catch up with middle of my hair) use carrot oil on ends, clip hair up - loosely (coz i have 2 tracks at back its harder-there to help back grow)... and tie in satin scarf...i have satin sheet i put over my pillow as well, just in case scarf slips off

and again, i have NO breakage even though i dont wrap anymore.

liss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2004 at 4:55pm

Originally posted by Jaclynadams Jaclynadams wrote:

Mango butter is a moisturizer that you rub on your hair. It is made by Elasta QP and you can get it at almost any beauty supply store. It's really good at keeping your ends and hairshaft moisturized and it's not too heavy. I would always use a satin scarf because like someone said earlier it helps keep the natural moisture in your hair. Plus bandanas are just to rough for me. The satin wraps I use are the ones with conditioner built inside them (I think they sale those at Sallys for $2.99). They are really good and the conditioner lasts for 2 months (even when you wash them). You can go to the Elasta QP website and request some samples. Just remember to tell them your hairtype.

Thanks sounds like I need to get soem of that!!

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic