Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Nigerian Wedding Video: Rowena and Niyi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 3:25am
LOL! These pics didn't really explain much about the difference between the various ethnic groups. 

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Can someone explain the differences between the Igbo and Yoruba in regards to traditional clothing?

Yoruba:

Igbo:

Hausa:

Sponsored Links

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 8:15am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

That's what I was thinking...all the women are wearing gele which is Yoruba traditional clothing and I'm pretty sure the black hat the guy is wearing is a southern, delta region form of dressing.

Well yeah, everyone wears gele now because Yoruba fashion has the most influence in Lagos fashion.  Gele isn't just Yoruba now, its Nigerian.  You won't find a picture of people wearing traditional clothing post 90s without gele.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 8:17am

and the beaded headdress might be efik/calabar too .

The headdress is Igbo.  I've been to enough Igbo traditional weddings to know that.  Its pretty standard.  I've also been to a Calabar traditional wedding, actually a few months ago.  This is what they wear:

Edited by uppitynegroid - Jul 13 2013 at 8:19am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 8:20am
Not sure how else to explain what each tribe wears than to...well show a picture of what each tribe wears. Stern Smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 8:28am

ah cheers on the headdress thing...I can't see the pic you posted but I know I wasn't 100% sure!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

They look very happy so congrats to them!

(The only thing is ... honestly most marriages either fail and end or they fail they and stay together - but they are unhappy. I have sooooo many friends  in one of these positions and 20 years earlier they too all started off with these wonderful weddings.

So now I look at marriage as a temp thing. I think if you can find true happiness for about 10 years .. you are doing good. )

Girl......  We are so on the same page.  You forgot how so many of them were screwed up even from the beginning.  That's the 3rd and very common scenario.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic