Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nigerian singer releases bleaching cream--Sold Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Nigerian singer releases bleaching cream--Sold Out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:10pm
No she doesn't......
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:12pm
She does to me

Obviously, YT girl's skin is more natural looking-lacks the grey overtones

But they have similarities--big African featuers/super pale skin
That's who she instantly reminded me of when I saw her photo
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:20pm
These stories are so depressing to me
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:36pm
she pulled a Vybz Kartel uh
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Nigerian musician Femi Kuti, son of legendary artist Fela Kuti, says many bleach their skin because they praise Western cultures and products, while dismissing their own.

He told Al Jazeera: “An African will prefer to be called John-Philip. If you said your name was Chukwu Emeka Afongkudong they will say you are from the village. You are backward. How can you have such a name? We really look down on our culture and heritage instead of being proud of it.”

To hear BHM tell it this ain't so.
Only AA's have identity issues...

many chinese adopt/take on western names too. Ive had a chinese girl named Huiping say "call me Jennifer" and heard Huaiang asked to be referred to as "Harry", because its 'easier'

I dont know if the name thing is "self-hate". I just dont know...

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:43pm

thing is she did all that and she's steel not a part of the lightskin community...

on a lighter note it must be nice to be able to walk through walls nowThumbs Up
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I was watching Anthony bourdain's show Parts Unknown on CNN.  He was in SOuth Africa and just driving through the neighborhoods there are skin bleach product billboards.  I do wonder what the actual health risks are and if there are any proven links to illness and death.  Ill look it up later.

....yes, there are very serious health risks, including a range of life-threatening dermatological issues..
plus, blood/skin infections...permanent loss of skin elasticity resulting in severe premature wrinkles....the list goes on

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:46pm
her before skin. idk if it was photoshopped or not was heavenly!
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

She does have that grey overtone that makes her look like Casper the ghost

It's a shame b/c she was so pretty pre-"toning"

Why are Nigerians so much more obsessed with Western standards than other African countries?
Its not only Nigeria its all over Africa and any other country that have dark skinned people. Carribeans, cubans, brazillians, phillipineans, the list goes on...

...she said more than other African countries though

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 3:09pm
difference between bleaching and toning?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic