Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nigerian Family Face Racism, Threats in Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Nigerian Family Face Racism, Threats in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Is this one of those it never happened to me scenarios?

I actually came back to say you pointed out from page one that the incident in the OP happened in Belfast, for speed readers like meEmbarrassed. Now the members who chimed in with personal experiences with the irish didn't differentiate between the 2, Rohan and Jamcay seem to think they're only referring to incidents with people from the republic. Going by that logic, well there we have it again, both sides aint $hit.

Disclaimer: sweeping generalizations are present i'm fully aware

We've had at least three people that mentioned specific events that relate to Ireland (Irish migration, Colin Farell, Nigerian friends), not Northern Ireland.  Are you selectively reading?  And if they don't care that there is a difference, then that's fine. That would be like talking about Korea like it's North Korea and saying "what's the difference"?  Lol the difference is huge.

Edited by rohan - Jun 24 2014 at 12:04pm
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:46am
irish migration

yes..

most blacks who end up in ireland south come via ireland north because of ireland souths lax immigration laws

thats why the ireland has such a huge populous of everyone from blacks to pol's etc etc now
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by rohan rohan wrote:

I actually came back to say you pointed out from page one that the incident in the OP happened in Belfast, for speed readers like meEmbarrassed. Now the members who chimed in with personal experiences with the irish didn't differentiate between the 2, Rohan and Jamcay seem to think they're only referring to incidents with people from the republic. Going by that logic, well there we have it again, both sides aint $hit.

We've had at least three people that mentioned specific events that relate to Ireland (Irish migration, Colin Farell, Nigerian friends), not Northern Ireland.  Are you selectively reading?  And if they don't care that there is a difference, then that's fine. That would be like talking about Korea like it's North Korea and saying "what's the difference"?  Lol the difference is huge.

So here you come making the point clearer. Ireland via the members' experience = ain't $hit Northern Ireland via the OP = aint $hit. One circle back to the same point. Then afro came up and also said both sides also aint $hit.

Glad you had a good experience in Ireland but dont discount the experiences of others (whether with an irish foreigner or if they've visited the country) all the same. See my disclaimer.

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by rohan rohan wrote:

this what I was thinking....
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:29pm
I wouldn't want to live in Ireland or Russia. Black people are not liked in those places
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:23pm

Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

They are the niccas of europe...
yes..

but now its the polish
strike that.... the romas and the bulgsLOL
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:57pm
An older Co worker of mine who's Irish told me that there are a lot of racist people there. Ironic though she is married to a black man lol
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:56pm
There are lots of Irish here because the major telecoms company is owned by an Irishman. I haven't heard anything about them being outrightly racist. There was a time though that just about all of the senior management positions were held by Irish. That's apparently changing though. And they marry locals a lot.

I also had a really hot Irish housemate back in the day. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345