Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nigerian Family Face Racism, Threats in Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Nigerian Family Face Racism, Threats in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I knew I had a reason to side eye that Colin Farrell "Ireland" diversity and commerce promo commercial 

This is an entirely different country to the one in the OP .....

Yup, and it's a country that has been torn by social, religious, and ethnic strife forever.  Where Catholics literally have their own neighborhoods away from protestants.  Where the IRA has been carrying out terrorist attacks for decades. Outsiders in general are not looked upon too well, and there's almost no black people there.  It's definitely not Ireland. I've been to Ireland and that sh*t was like roses and peaches. Loved it!  Never met a bunch of more welcoming people in every city I went, and there are good numbers of black immigrants, especially in big cities like Dublin.
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:00pm
White people really cannot stand to see good things happen to those with melanin.. They feel so entitled to everything.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:08pm
Man, Ireland. I see too many posts, stories, and videos of black people enduring racist sh*t in that country.

A vacation is supposed to feel like a vacation, not a game of Saw.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:28am
Ireland has it's fair share of racism ..

Lol ..
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:46am
Wow

Edited by sbrownie84 - Jun 24 2014 at 9:01pm
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Ireland has it's fair share of racism ..

Lol ..

There isn't a place on the planet that doesn't have its fair share of racism.  I just can't get over the fact that it seems like 90% of this thread is people talking about the wrong country like they think Northern Ireland just means, Ireland, but in the north. LOL Northern Ireland is a different country from Ireland (the Republic of) and has real systematic issues with real societal differences and has only a few hundred black people living in the entire country.  LOL there are real and significant differences between the two places.

Edited by rohan - Jun 24 2014 at 8:06am
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:24am
Rohan i didn't get the feel for that at all. We know the difference between the two, we just didn't care. Both sides ain't $hit, but carry on.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:27am
Is this one of those it never happened to me scenarios?

Anyways.. north or south . The incidents of racism are prevalent enough to cause concern, with studies demonstrating that more than half of foreigners living in Ireland (south of the border for clarity sake) experiencing racism.

Google the study is online

Now is Ireland more tolerant than northern Ireland because of much more racially and culturally diverse society.. I'd be emphatic and say HELL TO THE NO..

Edited by afrokock - Jun 24 2014 at 8:30am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:35am
*experience racist abuse/street harassment
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:39am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Is this one of those it never happened to me scenarios?

I actually came back to say you pointed out from page one that the incident in the OP happened in Belfast, for speed readers like meEmbarrassed. Now the members who chimed in with personal experiences with the irish didn't differentiate between the 2, Rohan and Jamcay seem to think they're only referring to incidents with people from the republic. Going by that logic, well there we have it again, both sides aint $hit.

Disclaimer: sweeping generalizations are present i'm fully aware
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style