Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nigerian Breaks Academic Record @ John Hopkins Uni
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nigerian Breaks Academic Record @ John Hopkins Uni

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.56  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Maybe when we all have access to the same quality education.

His grades got him the quality education. The middle school where he was (in Houston) was not just ghetto,its across from a rundown club with a lot of drug activity. The neighborhood is horrible. i think thats one of the schs we were voting to close down.

The high sch he went to is one of the best in Houston,they hand pick the brightest kids from middle schs who are interested in health professions. They are nurtured for those careers and most have multiple full paid scholarships to universities of their choice.

My point is,he worked hard from a young age,thrived in a horrible middle sch and it opened doors for him.
african parents?

Bingo.
You've been thanked.
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:43pm

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I wonder if he is single...
get em young huh?

He is 22. I'm 27. The age difference isn't that large. We could work. We share a similar culture and a love of education.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:00pm
What a winner! Clap
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by danni7 danni7 wrote:

Cant wait for the day when it wont be exciting because he did that and he is black. I really need for them to stop thinking of us as less intelligent

I'm not surprised because he's African. If he was AA , that would be the real surprise. 
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

His grades got him the quality education. The middle school where he was (in Houston) was not just ghetto,its across from a rundown club with a lot of drug activity. The neighborhood is horrible. i think thats one of the schs we were voting to close down.

The high sch he went to is one of the best in Houston,they hand pick the brightest kids from middle schs who are interested in health professions. They are nurtured for those careers and most have multiple full paid scholarships to universities of their choice.

My point is,he worked hard from a young age,thrived in a horrible middle sch and it opened doors for him.

Maybe when we ALL...
Congratulations. One story where he thrived despite his circumstance

I don't entertain the pull yourself up by your bootstraps argument from white people, won't do it on bhm

^^^this. 

Congratulations to him, I hope he's very successful in his future career.Clap
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:10pm

Maybe you're right, we don't have access to the same quality of education but black parents should seek more for their children. Its 2012, you dont have to learn everything in a classroom

a HUGE issue.  parents think learning stops in the classroom.  it needs to start before they ever enroll and continue after school hours, on the weekends, etc.  parents act like school is a daycare conveyer belt...

this guy was gifted though.  i'm glad that his initial school experiences didn't discourage him.  
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:14pm

I wonder if he is single...
get em young huh?

He is 22. I'm 27. The age difference isn't that large. We could work. We share a similar culture and a love of education.

let that man enjoy his youth
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:16pm
If he was cute I'd be on it.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM!!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1081189_o.gif

Woooooop!!! 

& pple who grow up in the same situation use excuses that they have nothing better to turn to but the streets 
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Maybe you're right, we don't have access to the same quality of education but black parents should seek more for their children. Its 2012, you dont have to learn everything in a classroom

a HUGE issue.  parents think learning stops in the classroom.  it needs to start before they ever enroll and continue after school hours, on the weekends, etc.  parents act like school is a daycare conveyer belt...

this guy was gifted though.  i'm glad that his initial school experiences didn't discourage him.  

But the parents that dont realize this are rarely equipped to subsidize their child's education at home, or hire someone else to do so. This is a multifaceted problem covering both race and socio-economic standing. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic