I hope she gets more then her fair share of the marriage assets. He's a pig, trying to imply she's at fault here.
(CNN) -- Because he says his wife is no longer
speaking to him, multimillionaire Charles Saatchi informed celebrity
chef Nigella Lawson in a statement to the Daily Mail that he has begun divorce proceedings.
Tension between the pair
hit the tabloids after Saatchi was photographed with his hand around her
neck in mid-June. Lawson and her children moved out of their family
home and she hasn't spoken to him since.
"I feel that I have
clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and
I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to
explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never
abused her physically in any way," Saatchi wrote in the statement.
There was no immediate
response from Lawson or her representatives to the announcement. The
couple have been married for 10 years.
Police caution celebrity chef's husband
TV chef leaves home after alleged abuse
Lawson, known as the
"queen of food PICS," has written numerous successful cookbooks and
hosted several TV shows in Britain and the United States. Saatchi, an
art dealer and former media mogul, denied that he attacked Lawson but
told a London newspaper that he voluntarily went to the police to accept
a police warning.
Victim support groups
used the incident to highlight the enduring problem of domestic
violence, though Saatchi said it was a playful grab.
"There was no grip, it
was a playful tiff. The pictures are horrific but give a far more
drastic and violent impression of what took place. Nigella's tears were
because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt," he added.
"We had made up by the time we were home. The paparazzi were congregated
outside our house after the story broke yesterday morning, so I told
Nigella to take the kids off till the dust settled."
Edited by Tbaby - Jul 08 2013 at 11:04am