Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicki Minaj/celeb rant...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:40pm
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 9:49pm
even though the pic is at an angle, her hairline looks pretty normal there. Maybe a widow's peak?
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

I don't want to be pouring cups of Haterade, but I just watched another one of Nicki's videos (because i am a genuine fan of hers) and then googled pics of her afterwards and I don't understand how someone so heavily styled and working with professional hair and make up people can have such bad applications/units.

Like, surely, female celebs who want to wear lace wigs must have the sense to think 'Ok, Beyoncé is the queen of this, if my app/unit doesn't look like her app/unit on a good day, then i need to try harder'. In some of the pics it even looks like Nicki has applied her unit with black glue straight onto her forehead, and I just don't understand it. Especially for someone who raps about 'putting these bitches on to them good lace fronts'.

I could understand if the only people you had to compare your hair to were other people in your area with equally bad wigs, because then you wouldn't necessarily know any better, but celebs work with people who literally do this for a living so surely these people must recognise that these lace units on their clients heads do not look ok.

Sorry for the rant, it's just been winding me up for ages now and I've had to keep it to myself because no one else I know would know what I was going on about!

flop.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 10:42am
I get so tired of people emlulating this look .. and my being around by White, Asian and Indian friends when this kind of 'look' walks by.

They always look over at me and say ..'that can't be ...  and then I say NO. Then they say WHY do they ... and I say .. ghetto.. and they say .. but can't they see that it looks ... and I say .. but they think it looks good'. Ahhh I am embarassed for these sad Black folks.

Black people in Blonde hair = Screwy as heck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

I get so tired of people emlulating this look .. and my being around by White, Asian and Indian friends when this kind of 'look' walks by.

They always look over at me and say ..'that can't be ...  and then I say NO. Then they say WHY do they ... and I say .. ghetto.. and they say .. but can't they see that it looks ... and I say .. but they think it looks good'. Ahhh I am embarassed for these sad Black folks.

Black people in Blonde hair = Screwy as heck.

You can Google Image Search "black people natural blonde hair"
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:21am
Clearly ... I am not talkimg about Black people with natural Blonde hair.

Come on now ... I am talking about the DYED blonde hair on Black people.

Let's not play word games people. Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 11:23am

If there's blacks with naturally blonde hair, why cant other blacks wear blonde weave?
feverforever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feverforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 12:36pm
Because it doesn't look "right" on almost all black women. And even with natural blonde hair, it still doesn't look nice. There are only a few that can pull it off. And if by your knowledge, why google image search natural blonde hair, if you say that blacks can wear blonde hair. Why not just search "black people blonde hair". Not throwing shade at you, just making a point.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by iChinaaBanks iChinaaBanks wrote:

If there's blacks with naturally blonde hair, why cant other blacks wear blonde weave?

I don't know what putting on a 'shade' is but I can say (dyed) blonde hair on Black people looks so bad. Bad. Ouch Maybe someone can 'get away with it'  but it's a stretch at best because mostly they just look like they are trying too hard to get attention ... and that's what is so sad. They wanna look .. White. Confused

People with natural blonde hair have the skin tone, eyebrows, eyelashes, fine hair on their faces etc such that it is clear to anyone that is must be their natural hair color. But even then IF it looks off .. they have to make do because that's what they were born with. Even if someone like Halle Berry were to dye her hair blonde .. it would look ghetto as all heck because she can't get all the rest of her coloring to line up in the same way. DUH!

I think people (including White people) look best when they stay as close to their natural color as they can .. just polish themselves off at bit.  But when they try to rewrite their geneology with the blonde hair and whatnot it becomes an obviously contrived look, Folks like me just have to smile politely and get as far away from these people as possible. I cannot walk around with a Black girl in Blonde hair in publc. Shocked I would not want anyone to get confused.Confused

And then they are gonna get mad when people get the wrong idea about them and stomp their feet saying 'I can do anything I want with my hair' like a little kid  ... demanding that people like what she is doing with herself. Confused

So okay, sure (shrugs) Black folks 'CAN WEAR' blonde hair if they want - it's free country .., but what they can't do  ... is to get everyone else to like it.Dead

Edited by Printer_Ink - Aug 08 2013 at 1:31pm
growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 6:25pm
LOL Volgens mij is dit te gek. Deze flauwekul is onzin!Het is nep!

IMO this is what Becky had in mind

Might be wrong but its not cute to me. Looks like a $5 Hooker!

Her application (above) is equally bad but at least the color is flattering! Wink

Edited by growlonghair - Nov 23 2013 at 6:28pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System