Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Nicki Minaj/celeb rant...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:30am
i think it is ok with her...i mean she doesnt want it to be perfect; she just want to play with colors and styles IMO
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 4:56pm
The reason is Niki's hair is supposed to look like "wig".

Beyonce's hair is supposed to look like "human hair growing from her scalp" even though it is            a wig...
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 5:37pm
I do understand that she's not trying to fool anyone into thinking 'this green wig is my own hair', and that's completely fine, but like I've said before on this forum: 'you should do whatever you want, as long as you do it well; then even if people don't like it, they can't reasonably say that it was done badly'. Nicki's huge Bride of Frankenstein wigs were obviously wigs but they were done really well and looked quite fly in my opinion; these lace fronts look like no attention has been paid to how they're applied or how good the roots and app look; something doesn't have to look real to look good.

Nicki's fashion since she became mainstream has always been outrageous and over the top, but even if I didn't like a certain look, it always looked like effort had been put into it; there was a sophistication to the ensemble if you get what I mean. The wigs themselves aren't cheap looking, they're probably quite expensive and she does wear human hair, but the hugely thick density and the placement and then the badly handled app just make no sense to me; her make up is a LOT but it is well done, so I don't get how the person handling her make up can be so skilled and yet the person handling her hair is like 'Nicki, you know what would look good? No wig cap and then placing this justtttt above your eyebrows. Also, lets use the shiniest glue we can find'. 

It just makes me sad because I think she was quite fashion-forward during her first album, but now she's slipping into the ratchet lane. I dunno, it's just something to talk about on the forum I guess, I like reading what other people think.
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 6:34pm
I think a lot of it has to do with her natural hairline, it looks like it's a low one and not very neat like a lot of women's are. (I have messy hairline myself)
It's a lot harder to work with, and perhaps she's in denial and thinks her current app is good enough. 

Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Aerie Aerie wrote:

I think a lot of it has to do with her natural hairline, it looks like it's a low one and not very neat like a lot of women's are. (I have messy hairline myself)
It's a lot harder to work with, and perhaps she's in denial and thinks her current app is good enough. 

Lolll. I've never actually seen her natural hair, I've only ever seen it with a wig or on huge amounts of weave in it. I think that if she makes a few more albums, eventually one of her personas will be an au naturel, India Airee type character and she'll start wearing her natural hair and such.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 4:51pm
Ok so I'm halfway thru watching 'Nicki Minaj: My Truth' and aside from some really diva behaviour, I saw a scene of her getting ready and honest to God she was freaking out so much and everything was so rushed and she was changing wigs like nobody's business, so I actually think that the reasons her apps are kind of whack is because she literally doesn't have the time to sit and do it properly and everything is so rushed; also if she's changing wigs after she thought she had THE wig on, then having to reapply the glue and all that jazz so soon after a previous app must not help things. So I kind of take back what I said, it 's not her fault I don't think
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

Originally posted by Aerie Aerie wrote:

Lolll. I've never actually seen her natural hair, I've only ever seen it with a wig or on huge amounts of weave in it. I think that if she makes a few more albums, eventually one of her personas will be an au naturel, India Airee type character and she'll start wearing her natural hair and such.

I think so too, she posted a photos of her hair once on twitter (well a section of it) so I think over the next few years/albums she'll have a natural side come out. 

And your rushed time theory is likely a huge factor as well. 
israel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote israel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:09am
Halo around eyebrows
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:14am
Originally posted by israel israel wrote:

Halo around eyebrows
Yeah it looks terrible
_belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 8:40am
Well I was thinking it is more about not trying to convince people it is her hair. . . I think as tranny as both her & Bey look overall, Bey attempts to look more natural or realistic. Nicki isnt trying to convince anyone, she just isnt trying to come out the house with a bald head. hair, any hair is good. lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic