BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Nicki Minaj/celeb rant...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nicki Minaj/celeb rant...
    Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 6:43pm
I don't want to be pouring cups of Haterade, but I just watched another one of Nicki's videos (because i am a genuine fan of hers) and then googled pics of her afterwards and I don't understand how someone so heavily styled and working with professional hair and make up people can have such bad applications/units.

Like, surely, female celebs who want to wear lace wigs must have the sense to think 'Ok, Beyoncé is the queen of this, if my app/unit doesn't look like her app/unit on a good day, then i need to try harder'. In some of the pics it even looks like Nicki has applied her unit with black glue straight onto her forehead, and I just don't understand it. Especially for someone who raps about 'putting these bitches on to them good lace fronts'.

I could understand if the only people you had to compare your hair to were other people in your area with equally bad wigs, because then you wouldn't necessarily know any better, but celebs work with people who literally do this for a living so surely these people must recognise that these lace units on their clients heads do not look ok.

Sorry for the rant, it's just been winding me up for ages now and I've had to keep it to myself because no one else I know would know what I was going on about!

Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:10pm
Nicki purposely goes for that Seaborne creation look though. Her units always look like that unless she has the Betty Paige bangs.

Shabby applications is somewhat her "signature". Not that I agree, but clearly this is on purpose.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Nicki purposely goes for that Seaborne creation look though. Her units always look like that unless she has the Betty Paige bangs.

Shabby applications is somewhat her "signature". Not that I agree, but clearly this is on purpose.
That is what I was thinking,  I don't understand Nicki Minaj she is just all around strange to me. She never looks good...lol and it seems like it's on purpose

Edited by babyk94 - Nov 23 2012 at 7:12pm
Brandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:37pm
I love your post and totally agree. Your little clip of Beyonce is funny too. I'm sure she just rolls her eyes at some of these wig apps.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

It does actually remind me of that! 
I can't believe that it's on purpose though because it's a little too close to 'good' to be on purpose. Like if Lady Gaga wore something jacked up, you would know it was meant to look like that. I think Nicki's units look ok from like the ears down, sometimes even really nice, but I don't believe she is aiming for that look, especially as her wigs before were of really good quality. 
I think she honestly should've stuck with her long, bob-cut wigs with the chunky bang as that was a real signiature look that you straight away associated with her and I'd never seen that haircut before.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Brandy Brandy wrote:

I love your post and totally agree. Your little clip of Beyonce is funny too. I'm sure she just rolls her eyes at some of these wig apps.

Lolll, she has no one to blame but herself! She started it all LOL
MsLovelyHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLovelyHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:13pm
Beyonce's fronts do be on point. I think Nicki does better with the bang styles. Maybe she could've got a lil lining or something...looks like a very rushed, sweaty application. I like her crazy butt tho! lolol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 1:59am
Ehhh I think it's on purpose. Every pic of her with non bang hair has those ridiculous molded hairlines which really do resemble Seaborn creations. Whether it's a bright green wig or the obnoxious platinum blonde (a la Pound the Alarm or Stupid Ho), anytime she doesn't have bangs, she looks like she spent time with Seaborne & his favorite girl Haiti.

There's no way that after all these years nobody saw fit to pull her to the side and not make her hairline look hard, plastic-y and JAM'ed up like that. Ouch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 2:04am
just sayin...lol...Nicki seems to have taken her cue from this man lol...

http://instagram.com/1seaborn/

And the sad thing is the man can actually do normal hair, but he specializes in ghetto fab ratchet.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Nov 24 2012 at 2:13am
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 4:42am
Man, why do people go to this man? Like seriously?? It's like going to the worst hairdresser you can find on purpose.

I stilll don't believe it's on purpose though, I think she and her crew actually think her wigs are all good. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic