Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Nicki Minaj Artwork for Anaconda NSFW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crzyabthair View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crzyabthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:38am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Not really feeling it....would rather listen to baby go back...

*sigh* I'm starting to give up on Nikki.....
Sponsored Links

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 3:43am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

this is rich coming from him -_____________-

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/founder-of-allhiphop-com-pens-open-letter-to-nicki-minaj/

Founder Of AllHipHop.com Pens Open Letter To Nicki Minaj

by Clutch — Jul 30, 2014

AllHipHop.com CEO and founder Chuck Creekmur may live in a glass house and should know better to throw stones. As an editor of a hip hop website, that frequently writes about rap music that includes lyrics that degrades women, I’d hope he’s written an open letter to male rappers, just like the one below he wrote to Nicki Minaj.

Creekmur who is a father to a young daughter, has issues with Minaj, particularly her  new album cover. In his open letter, he asked what is her end game and the message she’s conveying to fans.

Dear Nicki Minaj,

I own AllHipHop.com. AllHipHop has been historically uber supportive of the rapper Nicki Minaj. That’s YOU, homie! When I say historically, we can take it all the way back to when you had to stand in line to get into parties or those grimy underground videos you once pumped out on the streets. You know, that period of time before Lil Wayne and Young Money. Along the way, something changed. This isn’t the change everybody wants to talk about though. No hate there. AllHipHop had published an old image for some reason or another some years ago. You remember the one of you licking a lollipop and evoking the now-classic image of Lil Kim in all of her crotchiness? Of course you remember your version of that image, because you asked us to take it down through a member of the team. The team member let us know that Nicki is no longer on that and is doing a lot to promote a new image — “blah blah blah.”

But, guess what? Not only do I run AllHipHop, I’m a father, too. For a moment there, I felt like I had briefly peered into the deepest recesses of Nicki Minaj’s true inner self, a being that cares how this ratchet s**t affects my kid. I said to myself, “Self, how cool is this? Nicki is already evolving into somebody that my daughter may get to listen to on my watch. Maybe.” I’ve been in the music game a minute now, so I know how it goes. So, when I peeped the artwork for your latest single, I wasn’t even shocked, I was just disappointed. The song: “Anaconda.” The art: your booty in a thong. As a man, I can appreciate the virtues of your perfect posterior. The dad guy is not a happy camper, particularly now that his lil’ girl is transitioning into a young lady.

Now, the most popular, current Black female rapper starts overtly pushing her hyper-sexualized image again?

Just my luck.

I’m trying to raise a young girl that will eventually grow into someone greater than the both of us. I know that this requires great parenting, great education, great luck and an assortment of great influences. I’m sure you know the influence you wield, but now, if you told the “Barbs” to scratch my eyes out, some would attack without thinking about it. I’m sure some will also replicate the “Anaconda” image without thinking about it too. Your original image already has 256,817 (and counting) likes under the original Instagram picture you posted, so I venture that your average girl could strive to get a couple hundred likes from her friends. Is this the path you want to lead impressionable kids down?

I’ll never understand how people hold celebrities accountable when it comes to how they raise their own children. If you’re doing the right job as a parent, you child should realize and know that there are better role models out there.  Rappers, singers, actors aren’t there to raise your children. And as for Creekmur, you’d think he would know what her end game is.  The all mighty dollar.  I’ll hold my breathe waiting for an open letter to be written to male rappers.

Clutchettes, what do you think of his open letter?

I'll never understand this argument. The problem is when Nicki and others normalize this behavior it becomes the standard. No matter the lessons taught at home, people's children will venture out into a world where having your ass hanging out spread eagle is the norm. Even I have become desensitized to things like this.

The founder needs to pen a couple hundred more letters, though, to the men who degrade women in their videos and display them in the manner Nicki displays herself. That's foul and biased (read: misogynist) to target Nicki for this when there are men who've freaking had women on leashes in public.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:25am
Lol @ the human anatomy being something you become desensitized to. 
Does anyone find it weird that we're sensitive to our own bodies and sexuality?

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:44am
people need to understand that some of their daughters were always gonna be hos.  just deal with it.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:15am
lmao, damn wonderland
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:39am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lmao, damn wonderland

LOL  i'm just tired of the whining and deflecting.  KIR with yourself as a parent.  there is plenty of clean entertainment for your child to watch, that's on you and her.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:02am
I just heard on the radio that nicki said she want to be a role model for young girls. That every deal she makes she wants to show that girls can be strong. Bish really? you really think your suitable to be anyone's role model????
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic