Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicki M tells Hot 97 to STOP playing her

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:28pm
It's just that her claim is really laughable considering that Hot 97 isn't the ONLY hiphop radio station in NYC. We (NYers) know that there are tons of other stations playing her music. So if she wants to get salty, she should be firing shots at Power 105, Z100 and 93.2Now for also playing her junk. You can literally hear a song from her playing on all stations at the same time AT LEAST 10x a day.

Um proximity breeds contempt. If I can hear your howling on EVERY station multiple times a day, why do I need to buy your album?
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:30pm
Honestly I just really don't like her, with her terrible music and attitude I don't understand how she got this far.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

It's just that her claim is really laughable considering that Hot 97 isn't the ONLY hiphop radio station in NYC. We (NYers) know that there are tons of other stations playing her music. So if she wants to get salty, she should be firing shots at Power 105, Z100 and 93.2Now for also playing her junk. You can literally hear a song from her playing on all stations at the same time AT LEAST 10x a day.

Um proximity breeds contempt. If I can hear your howling on EVERY station multiple times a day, why do I need to buy your album?

I think she had a beef with HOT 97 over the summer, something about a concert/summer jam or something...wayne told nicki not to perform because of it...i think this is where its stemming from
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Honestly I just really don't like her, with her terrible music and attitude I don't understand how she got this far.

Yes. And she's forever running around demanding respect when this girl just got here and ain't done shit. Ma'am you haven't earned the type of respect you're asking for.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:38pm

Nicki Minaj blames Wal-Mart for low record sales

Reloaded - The Re-Up was released on November 19, and she already predicts that sales will not go so well with this one. Wal-Mart is to blame, among the other large retailers Target and Best Buy.

It would not be a surprise to Nicki if she did not do as well with this album because it is not available through the larger retail stores to her fans. “It’s hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn’t want to take a chance. So Target and Wal-Mart [are] not selling the album," she said. "And Target is actually my biggest retailer. They’ve sold the most Nicki Minaj albums ever. Thank you, Target, but I wish you could have sold this one.”

Her album has not made it to these stores, which is critical for album sales. “And then Best Buy only took limited [quantities] because they’re like ‘Oh, we don’t know, we want to play it safe.’ So … it kind of sets you up to fail,” Nicki insists.

How can the artist sell her albums if stores are not even providing the option for its customers?

In response to Nicki’s assertion, Wal-Mart says, “We do not carry any music that has a parental advisory label on it. However, we carry edited versions of those music titles. That album did not come with an edited option, so that’s why Wal-Mart isn’t carrying that album.

Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:38pm
Some people should never be famous. Nicki need to go sit down some where.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I think she had a beef with HOT 97 over the summer, something about a concert/summer jam or something...wayne told nicki not to perform because of it...i think this is where its stemming from

Oh yeah I know...Rosenberg made reference to her fake-ry before she was supposed to go on stage and Wayne pulled his whole crew from the lineup.

But she's just being ridiculous, end of story.
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Yes. And she's forever running around demanding respect when this girl just got here and ain't done shit. Ma'am you haven't earned the type of respect you're asking for.
exactly, and she's not humble at all.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

Well, her album is not selling because she is acting like a 'stupid hoe'.
If she keep putting her foot in her mouth, then she will be completely irrelevant by the end of 2013.
Please Allah make her irrelevant in 2013.
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 8:41pm
Test:

sh*t

sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t

sh*t

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training