Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Nick Cannon Wears Whiteface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this could've been good satire if he was shading white people, but i don't feel like he's doing that at all...and of course he wouldn't if he wants to keep his NBC and Nickelodeon gigs.  did he ask anyone advice before he did this?  Mariah says she's too busy to worry about his life.

she said that?

loves it
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

white face isn't offensive
exactly!
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:12pm

want to offend white people?

ignore them and live well

Edited by SamoneLenior - Mar 24 2014 at 6:25pm
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:18pm
that's right samone...foh white people trying to claim oppressionLOL

I was gonna go into a huge thing but I don't have the energy right now so this sums it up:

Black Face vs White Face: What’s the Difference

Black face:

• Started at a time when Black people were considered “Less than human”
  • Shows Black people have no and deserve no dignity 
  • Used as a “Set up” to the joke (I’s gon sing you’s perty white folks a song tu-day)
  • Used to de-humanize, belittle and make fun of those that are “Less than” 
  • Originally done by white people for white people
  • Originally done by white people in white only establishments
  • Originally a degrading visual joke (Ha! Ha! Look at me, I’m one of THEM! Yuck!)
  • By design, was to not only laugh at but show what Brotha Mans were REALLYlike
  • ‘Caused (and continues to cause) pain to Black people
  • Made black people into caricatures (not human, a symbol to belittle)
  • Unable to count how many times done. Not just a joke, or party trick.Actually part of history
  • A sign of racism

White face:

• Done while white people are in power
  • Unable to dehumanize because the power holders lose nothing (Dignity, power, ect)
  • At most, shows how white people react to things like brown people being anywhere near them but also shows their big reactions to small things while simultaneously telling brown people to “Get over” HUGE things like racism. 
  • Has been done to show PRIVILEGE not to show that they are “Less than.” Think about the EXACT “Stereotypes” being placed on white people while actors have done white face.
  • Has no historical relevance 
  • If a white person’s feelings were hurt by white face, they wake up the next day and no one will judge THEM by what they saw. Black people were (and still are) BELIEVED to be these caricatures.

Billy Crystal:

• Yes, that WAS black face.
  • Anyone that uses “…but he has been doing it for years” as an excuse is a racist. Length of time does not suddenly make doing a bad thing okay. (This is why serial murderers are still called murderers and aren’t suddenly “Not a big deal” once they kill their 100th victim)
  • Those that use “It was just an impression” as an excuse are racists. An impression CAN be and usually IS done without deciding that race needs to be added. If it truly is JUST an impression, would it have been any LESS of an impression had he done it as a white man? Go ahead, I’ll wait…
  • The “Black face” is part of the joke. It was when he started doing it in the late 70’s early 80’s and it is now. I am amazed by how many people use the “He has been doing it for years” excuse but conveniently disregard that it has ALWAYS been a problem.
  • He has a movie coming out. Black face worked to get him attention in the past, it is working now. Here we are talking about an irrelevant man…but it was “Just a joke” and people are being “Too sensitive” about RACISM?

The most disgusting of all:

• Black people have done black face” -This is by far the most disgusting thing I have seen on this topic. If you are talking about people like William Henry LaneHE DIDN’T HAVE A CHOICE you racist piece of sh*t. 
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:29pm
Thank you Cherry Blossom. I explained this to someone on FB and they were still trying to cry hurt.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 7:37pm
Damn he was bored
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:19am
He ain't sh*t but I can't listen to white butt hurt, just like the racism they claim they face it's all imaginary.
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 9:32am
Dead @ dog kissing.

Oh and I hate MzSandra00Cry

Edited by whosbotheringme - Mar 25 2014 at 9:33am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 9:37am

this white radio station that I sometime turn to in the morning (the Kane show) had sh*t to say about trayvon and other such cases of racism but wants to cover this story

fck their white asses....I listen no more

Edited by SamoneLenior - Mar 25 2014 at 9:52am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 9:46am
He a racist and he needs to apolgize to Mariah Carey, his late mother in law is white, smfh. I can't stand that negro and how he hurt Christina Milian. He ain't no better than racist.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic