Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Nick Cannon Defends White Face

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nick Cannon Defends White Face
    Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:21pm

Singer-actor and "America's Got Talent" host Nick Cannon is defending his decision to promote his new album by putting on whiteface makeup and assuming the identity of a Caucasian man.

"It's official . . . I'm White!" Cannon, 33, tweeted in support of his upcoming album "White People Party Music," linking to an Instagram image of himself in whiteface with light-brown hair and a gray and beige flannel shirt over a white T-shirt.

Hours earlier he had told Us Weekly, "You go to a party and white people are having more fun than anybody. They know how to have a good time! I could have named the album Purple People Party Music and you'd still get the same album, but it was just one of those things. You know, you deal with things like race, and people get uptight, so why not?"

( Collapse )

The stunt created controversy, with Arienne Thompson, the African-American host of USA Today's online "Daily Dish" webcast, calling it "not funny at all" and "horrible. Whiteface, blackface -- none of that is ever funny." Vanity Fair titled its weekly celebrity-Instagram roundup "Nick Cannon Tries on White Face, the World Cringes." E! tweeted, "Nick Cannon in whiteface . . . we have no words."

"Damn, I didn't know it was going to be this hard being White! I'm exhausted with all this 'privilege' LOL #WhitePeopleProblems," Cannon later tweeted. Mimicking a critic, he wrote, " 'I think we should have a million white man march and protest @NickCannon album!! Somebody call @rushlimbaugh' LOL. I love this conversation though. It's showing a lot of people's true colors . . . #punintended."

Sponsored Links

miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:39pm
Umm... this further concludes that he in fact is a coon!!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

Umm... this further concludes that he in fact is a coon!!

For the longest he came off as a coon to me.. but do you see his twitter comments???

THE SHADE!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:49pm
For further emphasis on his severe lack of fucks for white feelings

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d6cedb50fa52f0bcd7a63186b9586cda/tumblr_n3060pKFBa1qc9p0yo1_500.png
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:53pm
can't even front.. its kind of funny

"whiteface"...lol
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:54pm
iono if Nick is a coon but fucc all these white people acting like White face is even a thing.  foh.  Ain't nobody's feelings hurt.  Actin like Nick Cannon is doing something detrimental to their race.  foh.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:54pm
Nick is funny to me. I'm corny so that's probably why I get his comedy.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:55pm
as long as white people do this, nick cannon will get a pass imo

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:56pm
Not That Great ‏@okokokIgetit  3h

@NickCannon @msnbc @TheYBF So Nick how will you feel when your kids grow up and like @Eminem's music over yours?

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:58pm
The Wayans Brothers made a whole movie called "white chicks"
Eddie played a Jewish Man "Is that Velvet?"
and a great Asian Man in Norbit ... lol

nothing new here.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair