Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mistyblue729 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2004 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by Aimlessmindset Aimlessmindset wrote:

Nexxus is good for hair growth. Hospitals actually use it on cancer patients for their hair growth. So it must be good :)

I think you mean Nioxin.

I love Nexxus Botanoil, Therappe, and Humectress.  They are the best shampoos and conditioner that I have ever used.

Sponsored Links

candacef View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2004 at 12:42pm

hello, thanks for the responses.

1. the oil i use is pure lite moisturizing oil. it contains mink oil and jojoba oil plus vitamins and sunscreen. and the hair really needs sunscreen. this product is buy lady renee. u can get it through a beauticain that sell it. i use this on my hair everyday. i how started using this is by a lsay in atlanta that use to do my sisters hair. her hair is down to her tailbone. she told us to use this everyday and not to put to much stress on our hair. her and her daughters hair is very long. i have been a faithfull user of it for  a 1 1/2 now. my hair was at my shoulders when i was 20 and now it is 2-3 inches past my bra strap and am 22 yrs of age now. my hair is much heathier. but its not just the oil.

2. cutiet i wear my ponytail until the next time i wash it wich is a week. i do moistureize my ends. i have to our my hair will begain to et dry. i also use humectress as a leave in conditoner as well. i only use a little bet though. not that much. humctress really does stop the breakage and makes the hair soft and moisturize as well. the conditoner and shampoo you are using now is great for moisture. that is autually the nexssus moisturizing program your using. 

3. her are some great nexxsus products that i use that work great for my hair.

humectress  moisturizing conditoner-- great for dry hair (which mines was) also helps prevent breakage.

thrapee shampoo- great for moisture as well.

assure replenishing shampoo--helps hair maintain health by infusing tha hairshaft with an abundance of nutirents

boitin oil shampoo-- this is my favorite. i think the majority of us can use this which i have also. this is for those of us who hair has been damage by perms and hair color. this shampoo puts the elasticty back in the hair and stops breakage and split ends. and it smells really good.

ensure acidifying conditoner and detangler--promotes smooth tangle free hair. i put this on my hair before i even wash it. i take my hair down. apply this conditioner and sit under the dry with shower cap on for 10 min. this is to get the hair strong before washing. my hair tends to shed our something if it gets to dirty. than i wash it with one of the shampoos i named and i always use the humectress. i part my hair in sections apply the humtress to the hair and scalp. i comp the condtioner through the hair. i set back under the dryer for 15 min. when i wash it out my hair is sooooo soft and easy to manage.

4. always part the hair in sections when combing the hair while wet. and always comb from the bottom up. i also use panten setting lotion spray. it helps with easy combing.

5. if any of u use the nexxsus emergencee conditoner-- which is a very concentrated protien condtioner make sure you use a cream moisturizing condtioner like humectress after it. that product is very concentrated and should not be use on a daily basis.

6.kerphix comdtioner--- is use for deep condtioning. this is really good. i use this before i get my touch up. i also use it once a month.

all these products i have and do use. they work great for my hair. my hair has come a long way. my hair has been damaged, cut and all of the above. both me and my sister. our hair has grown alot. i will try to set up a web page so u can see that am not bs u. i dont have one of this camera things on my computer so i will have to do it another way. 

TIP!!!!! i didn't know this. do u know why most of our "kitchen area" is short in the back? because our beauticians do not wash the back as good as the rest of the hair. so residue from the perm sits back there for up to 24 hrs which kills the hair and which keeps it short in the back. when i get my 2 touch ups i always make my beautician wash the "kitchen" even more. it works. its growing with the rest of my hair now 

AshimaStar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2004 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Aimlessmindset Aimlessmindset wrote:

Nexxus is good for hair growth. Hospitals actually use it on cancer patients for their hair growth. So it must be good :)

Now this is news to me.
Dindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2004 at 8:24pm
I've tried Nioxin and had great results with it.  I also like Nexxus products.
LonghairINV View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2004 at 2:43am

Originally posted by Dindy Dindy wrote:

I've tried Nioxin and had great results with it.  I also like Nexxus products.

Awesome..how long did it take for you to notice hair growth...and how much growth?

Kerstin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2004 at 12:08am

I noticed the kitchen area with my ex beautician. Noticed I said ex because she no longer does my hair.  When I mentioned it to her she told me it must be something I am doing at home because the relaxer she was using was a no lye so it couldn't damage my hair. I said if you don't rinse it can.  She told me to check with my doctor.  I said OK  left, never been back.  and the last 2 months I have been doing my own hair.  At first there was breakage because I knew not what I was doing.  But I searched the web and ran across first Cathy Howse, then this forum.  I did read her book, learned a lot and I have her product (am using them now)  I am also in the process of purchasing Design essentials.  So I feel I am on the right track... I am taking a portion from Cathy's book and taking info from this site and applying as I feel would benefit my hair and I seem to be doing good.  I have no shedding, my hair has never felt stronger.  I wash twice a week. I did trim my hair last night because I didn't like the raggedy ends It looks great.

Thanks for listening.

candacef View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2004 at 11:30am

kerstin,

sounds like your on the right track. do what is good for your hair. im also glad that u stopped going to that hairdresser. she was not a good one because she would have herself taking the time to listen to your conserns and see what she can do about it instead of sending to the doctor. i've had plenty of hair dressers i had to drop. it is very haird to find good hair dressers these days. very hard. good luck to you and i hope u reach your goal.

ladyl407 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2004 at 5:27pm

I can also testify to Nexxus being a wonderful line!  Ive been using Therappe and Humectress faithfully since June and used Emergencee to stop breakage I was having.  You can see my progress since June in my album under August, I have a side by side comparison.  I had a trim and touchup today and even with the trim its longer as well as healthier than before. Nexxus is a staple for me, but if I had to choose one product its definitely the humectress conditioner. Its the most moisturizing conditioner Ive ever used. Sometimes I mix in Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil and honey as a pretreatment and my hair loves that as well.

PS, anyone interested in Nexxus, they are having a liter sale at ULTA where u get the liter size of therappe AND humectress TOGETHER for $22! I THINK they have the same sale at JC Penneys too.

The other line that my hair loves is design essentials, they are a close tie!

candacef View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2004 at 6:10pm

lady1407,

that's great! i really love the nexxsus line also. my hair has changed tremendoulsy using it. my hair is stronger and healthier. it is easier to manage. i tried to get into your fotki to see your poictures. it wouldn't let me in. anyway i am glad for ya! what is the lenght that u r trying to get too? am trying to get all the way down to my waist.  

Kerstin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2004 at 7:12pm
ummm, I just ordered the design essentials line... Can't wait to try it. My hair is loving the TLC that I am giving it. It's doing great and I am having a ball doing it myself.  Reading the labels on the products and books about black hair.  I am learning so much.  I can't believe this information was not available to our parents.  Life would have been so much easier.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic